Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terry components TVII update

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 06:57 AM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Terry components TVII update

I had Terry Components Terminal Velocity II installed on my EGC last week and yesterday got a chance to go for a nice long ride and here are my opinions on the upgrade. I am running a set of Wild Pig slip-ons and stock air box. To me the bike ran cooler no burning of the thighs from the heat and it was around 94 during the day. Not as bad it stop and go traffic either. We rode around 300 miles and after checking the the fuelmiles I am getting about 3 miles to the gallon better. Bikefeels to have a tad more power and torque also. Response is better as well as all around bike performance. And I also dont under stand it but it running at lower RPM,s on the highway but I dont see how that sense. I did run around 2800 @ 70 but now it sits around 2500 @ 70.I am going to pull the plugs today and see if they have some color in them cause they were white from running lean sure hope it richened it up some.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Longtimegone
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Terry components TVII update

ORIGINAL: moondog99

I did run around 2800 @ 70 but now it sits around 2500 @ 70.
BTW, unless you changed the gearing, the rpm at any speed in a specific gear will not change.

Has Terry Components gone to two sensors or is it still just one? I was looking at Terrrys about a year and half ago. There were several people on here that highly praised the performance of the TVII.Since then ThunderMax has come out and Datona TwinTec has updated their product. The wide band closed system has a lot to offer.

Keep us posted on how it goes....

Old 08-05-2007, 07:41 AM
moondog99
Road Warrior

Longtimegone, Not really sure if it uses both O2 sensers or not due to I did not install it. I'll check into that and get back with you. I understand it makes no sense that there is a RPM drop but by the RPM gauge there was. I know weird isnt it.I also just pulled the plugs and YAHOO there was a hint of light tan color on the plugs. Before the TVII the plugs were so white they looked brite. I am just glad it seams to have richened it up.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:47 AM
moondog99
Road Warrior

I pulled this statement off of Terry Components web page. I hope this answers your question;

"Currenty Harley-Davidson has one one throttle body with a common plenum manifold that feeds both cylinder, because Terry Components references the Throttle Position Sensor, one O2 Sensor should be adequate for 06 and earlier models. Our module references both O2 Sensors on the 06 Dyna and all 07 FLH and FLT models."

Old 08-05-2007, 01:03 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it possible the unit is somehow dirtying the tach signal thus giving you a percentage decrease in the indication?

Old 08-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Longtimegone
Road Captain

Glens may be right about the rpm signal to the ecm. I can't believe it would be anything else since no mechanical changes were made to affect the gearing.

The main thing in the process is, "How does the bike run now compared to before?" With better gas mileage and less heat, your tune must be far better than it was prior to the TVII. Did you do a dyno run to check out the numbers? If not how does it feel now compared to before?
Thanks ....

Old 08-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Stinx
Intermediate

MY buddy just instaled on of thse along with a set of V/H pipes and K&N airfiletr om his07 Dyna. THe bike semms to run much better and noticeably cooler. I am going to install one of these and rienharst on my streetglide over the winter.