Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Woohoo! New bars!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 11:15 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Woohoo! New bars!

Well, doing what I don't necessarily recommend, I am now more than happy with the outcome of my latest addition: New handlebars! Yep, without trying them out on someone else's bike, I ordered the KhromeWerks touring bars from KhromeWerks in MN -- and they are great! It puts me almost in the same riding position I had with my '03 Heritage, though the hands are just a little lower for more comfortable touring. As Cheryl said at K/W, "just close your eyes, put out your hands in front of you for a comfortable riding position -- and that is where the handgrips are." Yep -- they are.

No pix yet... sorry. Soon, soon......

Old 08-08-2007, 01:38 AM
Drelkor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Woohoo! New bars!

ORIGINAL: tphillips

Well, doing what I don't necessarily recommend, I am now more than happy with the outcome of my latest addition: New handlebars! Yep, without trying them out on someone else's bike, I ordered the KhromeWerks touring bars from KhromeWerks in MN -- and they are great! It puts me almost in the same riding position I had with my '03 Heritage, though the hands are just a little lower for more comfortable touring. As Cheryl said at K/W, "just close your eyes, put out your hands in front of you for a comfortable riding position -- and that is where the handgrips are." Yep -- they are.

What are you riding now? I wouldn't mind moving the bars a bit further towards me on my 07 SG. Figured I'd swap out the bars whenever I did braided cables if I could find something to fit that works with a bat wing fairing. They aren't uncomfortable for me, just different than what I was used to on my Road King. Was looking for something reasonably priced. I know quite a few of the guys use the Wild Ones bars, but I don't need the bars moved bad enough to pay $200+ for just a set of bars.

Drel

Old 08-08-2007, 05:40 AM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you get the 300505 from Khromewerks?
Mick

Old 08-08-2007, 08:50 AM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: Drelkor

ORIGINAL: tphillips

What are you riding now? I wouldn't mind moving the bars a bit further towards me on my 07 SG. Figured I'd swap out the bars whenever I did braided cables if I could find something to fit that works with a bat wing fairing. They aren't uncomfortable for me, just different than what I was used to on my Road King. Was looking for something reasonably priced. I know quite a few of the guys use the Wild Ones bars, but I don't need the bars moved bad enough to pay $200+ for just a set of bars.

Drel
Drel:

I'm riding an '05 Ultra. I'm 6' with 35" arms, but found that after about 1 hour in the saddle, my shoulders and neck were tight because of the position I was in -- and my arms were virtually straight and down low. With the change to the new KhromeWerks bars, I'm sitting up -- and actually kinda back in a more relaxed position -- and my arms are slightly bent, the hands are in a natural, comfortable straight out position (unlike the wheelbarrow or roto-tiller position of the HD touring bars -- argh!), and all for about $53. Yes, you should buy the extended idle control cable, throttle cable, and clutch cable from HD. The stock brake cable is sufficiently long for the purpose, unless you want to "upgrade" to the braided cable.

What also was immediately noticeable was the improved handling, even in a tight corner or turnaround. Amazing what a change like this can do for the overall "feel" of the bike.

I, too, had looked at the Wild 1 Chubby bars, but also had a problem in springing for $215. Besides, it would incur the additional $130 for the clutch cable on that one, so it just kept adding up. For my money, I'm pleased with the outcome.

Pix to be coming soon, which will also include the newly received RJ's heat shields -- just in time here in Houston! Man, is it hot or what?!!!

Sooo, check out Khrome Werks's website. Then when you call to order, or confirm just what you should get for your bike, speak with Cheryl. She is the owner and wife of the fabricator of the bars, and is very helpful. Tell her you heard about the bars on this site -- she is really getting some good business going off here.