Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does HD hate the road king?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 09:13 AM
dasmotorrad
Cruiser
Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

I agree. I love the Standard or Classic look with the windshield and passing lamps. I won't be buying another RK until they bring back the Classic look.

The following users liked this post:
Germansheperd (01-26-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 09:16 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,667 Likes on 4,480 Posts

Originally Posted by jwt873
The last roll out was supposed to herald a whole new era. So we get the new Road/Street Glides, a CVO Pan American and a CVO Road Glide ST. That's it. Everything else stayed the same. (even this year's CVO's look like last year's CVO's).. Not much of a whole new era...

THE DAWN OF A NEW ERA

which implies the start, or beginning..they are just getting started with the transition so didn't go 'Whole HOG' right out of the gate

BrandonSmith (01-29-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 09:37 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,523 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Originally Posted by dasmotorrad
I agree. I love the Standard or Classic look with the windshield and passing lamps. I won't be buying another RK until they bring back the Classic look.
Pretty sure the leather bags are still available somewhere for the King.

Old 01-26-2024, 09:44 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,879 Likes on 1,480 Posts

Originally Posted by RKZen
Pretty sure the leather bags are still available somewhere for the King.
I Thought he meant FLHR, not FLHRC. Personally I never liked the leather bags on the C. I like more of the heritage style. The C are so fake.

But the FLHR was a bit of budget bike. Classic looking Harley, now they are pretty fancy.

Old 01-26-2024, 10:59 AM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 461 Posts

In 23, the Highway King was an upscale Road King at a very upscale price, haven't seen it in the '24 line up yet. Have not checked on whether the police Road King exists in '24 either. I couldn't justify the price of the Road King Special when it didn't have the passing lights and windshield included and I don't like the blacked out look either. I definitely like my '23 FLHP.

hairymoth (01-28-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 11:17 AM
TheMurf
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,694 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Default Road King

If, they offered a Road King at $20 grand or so, how would they be able to sell a Revival, Highway King, or the new Hydro Glide that's coming ? The Road King would impact their sales. Why sell a bike in the $20 grand range when you can sell practically the same thing for $35 grand.
Creative marketing I believe they call that.

The following 2 users liked this post by TheMurf:
smitty901 (01-26-2024), TennesseeRoadGlide (01-28-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 11:35 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,879 Likes on 1,480 Posts

Originally Posted by btsom
In 23, the Highway King was an upscale Road King at a very upscale price, haven't seen it in the '24 line up yet. Have not checked on whether the police Road King exists in '24 either. I couldn't justify the price of the Road King Special when it didn't have the passing lights and windshield included and I don't like the blacked out look either. I definitely like my '23 FLHP.
They are getting to cute for me.

Old 01-26-2024, 11:51 AM
downzero
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,082 Posts

Originally Posted by justine120
just saw the 2024's. road glide and street glide look like they got totally revamped. road king special is same old same old. why didn't the road king get the same amount of love? i mean take the fairing off the road glide and it's a road king so it shouldn't have been too hard...

thoughts?
The new Road King costs as much as a Street Glide. Maybe they thought it didn't need anything new to be a winner.

Old 01-26-2024, 12:11 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 527 Likes on 364 Posts

Here is the thing no one buys it. That's the sad truth

I put my 2015 Road King on Consignment on Oct. It has 63k miles and listed it orginally for 11k. Now I recently put the price down to 8500. Still no takers after 2 weeks. Yes it is winter time, but I live in the Greater Sacramento area so when it's not raining people are riding. I priced it accordingly and no one wants a high mileage bike for 8K I plan on taking it out of consignment and selling it myself but Im not holding my breath since I already tried to sell it multiple times. Actually I try to sell it every year.

I believe that no one buys the Road King and giving the black treatment is what is keeping it still alive. I wouldnt be surprised if the production on them are really low. No one buys them.

Old 01-26-2024, 12:18 PM
Germansheperd
Road Warrior
Received 718 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
Here is the thing no one buys it. That's the sad truth

I put my 2015 Road King on Consignment on Oct. It has 63k miles and listed it orginally for 11k. Now I recently put the price down to 8500. Still no takers after 2 weeks. Yes it is winter time, but I live in the Greater Sacramento area so when it's not raining people are riding. I priced it accordingly and no one wants a high mileage bike for 8K I plan on taking it out of consignment and selling it myself but Im not holding my breath since I already tried to sell it multiple times. Actually I try to sell it every year.

I believe that no one buys the Road King and giving the black treatment is what is keeping it still alive. I wouldnt be surprised if the production on them are really low. No one buys them.
63k miles makes it a hot chic with aids. If it had 6k miles it would have been gone.

Quick Reply: does HD hate the road king?