Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lifting my bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 09:05 PM
RANDIT
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lifting my bike

i have the moco jack its expensive but i like that it operates off a screw instead of a hydraulic jack. much easier to adjust up and down. and no worries about it leaking down. also very stable once its fully raised

Old 10-05-2007, 09:48 PM
SGDude
Cruiser
Default RE: lifting bike

Manish_Hawg:
See my signature picture. The one from Lowe's have a lifetime waranty. They take it back, no questions asked.
I looked high and low for this, not on kobalt's or lowe's websites.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Billiam92407
Tourer

My first tool purchase was the jack from JS. I'm a newbie to bike maintenance... and I love it. Easy to use. Secure. Texas Pirate is right.... a cheap jack isn't worth the risk.... and I like the peace of mind.
Sears sells good quality tools and equipment. I have never had anything from Harbour Frieght that I really trusted.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:43 PM
kpb46
Road Master

In response to your question...I have a 07 ultra and a "red" sears jack. I screwed togetherthree 3/4" pieces of plywood about 18" square. I drive the rear wheel up on it...let it set on the jiffy stand...slide the jack under the bike from the right hand side....line up the rear arm of the jack with the "bowtie" frame cross member...jack it up slowly while holding the right grip. The bike will settle on the jack and riseevenly. It may feel like it is shakey/wobbley but I have donethis everytime I wash my bike(alot) and it has never given me any trouble. Leave the side stand down and when you lower the bike (slowly) just push it towards the left as ittouches the groundand it will gently settle on the side stand

Old 10-05-2007, 11:01 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Go to the J&S site and watch the video. Seeing is believing. http://www.jsjacks.com/videos.htm

Yes, I can actually climb up on my bike, lean forward and backward without worrying. No tie downs either.

Paid 18K for my bike. Just over $300 for th jack.

Don't be cheap on something as important as a jack. Your bike or you life might depend on it.

PS, I should know, I was a heavy equipment mechanic for over 20 years. J&S jacks ROCK!

Old 10-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 310 Likes on 181 Posts

Sears red jack here and had it for years with no issues at all. It'll wiggle a tad, but it's not horrible.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:35 PM
texaspirate
Road Captain

Update: J&S Jack

I had a partner of mine come over with his EG Classic. He has been a stubborn force in terms of using any jack available i.e. Sears Red or Yellow jack. Always was concerned about it wobbling, but always used tie downs to secure it to the jack. He took his bike an used my J&S to do some work on his bike at the house. He was going to get my tie downs to secure the bike prior to lifting it. I told him no need and I will pay for any damage if it falls! He said okay, but???? Once he lifted the bike and secured the stops he could not believe the stability of it. I told him to get up on his bike and he looked at me like I was crazy! After working on his bike, I lifted my UC for him and got on the bike (no tie downs) stable without any wobble. This convinence him and he is going to purchase a J&S! No sense using a cheap jack/lift when your bike costs so much!

Old 10-08-2007, 08:20 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: texaspirate

Update: J&S Jack

I had a partner of mine come over with his EG Classic. He has been a stubborn force in terms of using any jack available i.e. Sears Red or Yellow jack. Always was concerned about it wobbling, but always used tie downs to secure it to the jack. He took his bike an used my J&S to do some work on his bike at the house. He was going to get my tie downs to secure the bike prior to lifting it. I told him no need and I will pay for any damage if it falls! He said okay, but???? Once he lifted the bike and secured the stops he could not believe the stability of it. I told him to get up on his bike and he looked at me like I was crazy! After working on his bike, I lifted my UC for him and got on the bike (no tie downs) stable without any wobble. This convinence him and he is going to purchase a J&S! No sense using a cheap jack/lift when your bike costs so much!
I watched the video on their site before I bought mine. A guy climbs up on a touring bike and scoots way back and way forward with no problems. I was nervous to try it but I did it anyway. IT WORKS! Great jack and solid as can be. No tie downs needed.