Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know about this reverse kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 10:02 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know about this reverse kit

Still looking for reverse gear for the rig. What I've found is a lot cheaper than a Champion tranny with reverse.

But has anyone heard of this outfit/reverse gear?

http://www.candjtrikeconversion.com/reversegear.html

Hack

Old 12-17-2007, 11:00 AM
RonB
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does anyone know about this reverse kit

Ive seen them at bike shows and on a few trikes, They had a demo tent and were doing installs for around $1500.00 Dollars, You pull in the clutch shift into reverse and smoke the tire if you so desire, appears to be a well made unit. Should be awesome on a trike.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:28 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

One of the mags that just arrived states that Baker will be providing trannys with reverse for the Lehman/Harley trikes. If I can find it, I'll post the name of the mag.

Edit: Found it. MCNews, Jan issue, page 7.Just a little blurb. It is the F6R tranny, that maybe will only fit the Harley models that came with the six speed--the article isn't very clear.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:37 PM
drdave
Cruiser

the link i find in the top post is showing the champion reverse gear kit. it is the same price as champion sells theirs for. maybe i misunderstood the thread, but it is not a different unit.

i have the champion reverse gear kit in my wife's fxdl and she loves it. seems to be very nice quality and workmanship and should hold up well. it is used by a local indy shop here in a lot of the trikes they make, and they have put it in an occassional harley for someone having difficulty maneuvering the bike. they have had no problems with the unit at all over the last 10 years.

i purchased my new kit on ebay for less than 800 shipped - and the labor for installation was around 200-300 maximum.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:35 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Danged if you ain't right. I went to Champion's web site and it is the same. Didn't know that. I'll check ebay. Thanks much for the tip. Just checked ebay, only one listed for my 06 was $1241, maybe I'll wait for a better price.

Hack

ORIGINAL: drdave

the link i find in the top post is showing the champion reverse gear kit. it is the same price as champion sells theirs for. maybe i misunderstood the thread, but it is not a different unit.

i have the champion reverse gear kit in my wife's fxdl and she loves it. seems to be very nice quality and workmanship and should hold up well. it is used by a local indy shop here in a lot of the trikes they make, and they have put it in an occassional harley for someone having difficulty maneuvering the bike. they have had no problems with the unit at all over the last 10 years.

i purchased my new kit on ebay for less than 800 shipped - and the labor for installation was around 200-300 maximum.