Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Fullsac questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 04:02 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2 Fullsac questions

I've got V&H Ovals on the stock head pipes and want the "true dual" sound. I realize that I shouldn't expect an increase in Tq or HP but that'sOK since all I want is better old-school HD sound.

Is Fullsac the right way to go?

Does anyone have close-up pics of what the resulting right side heat shield gaps look like?

Thx.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:11 AM
pkenyon1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2 Fullsac questions

Not sure what you're meaning....

Did you mean Fuelpac or am I missing out on something?

Changing the mufflers / slip ons doesn't affect the heat sheild gap that you see anyway down by your right foot, before or after that modification it is still there; only changing the header pipes and putting on the different shield will remove that gap. If you want to remove it without replacing header pipes there are after market parts intended just for that purpose.

The noise from my classic slip on V&H mufflers is great, I used the fuel pack and SE airfilter; the bike runs much stronger and no need to go to the expense of changing the headers.

If you want to change header pipes then true duals is the way to go but that is a lot of expense that will have limited benefit without further engine work IMO.

Put on a high performance air filter and buy the fuelpac and you're all set. If you didnt change the filter set up yet then I suggest your bike needs more air going in and management program from Fuel pack to get what you need and ensure correct mixture....changing mufflers only does not help a lot and perhaps this is the next stage you are looking for?

Old 03-07-2008, 04:38 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

ORIGINAL: pkenyon1

Not sure what you're meaning....

Did you mean Fuelpac or am I missing out on something?

Changing the mufflers / slip ons doesn't affect the heat sheild gap that you see anyway down by your right foot, before or after that modification it is still there; only changing the header pipes and putting on the different shield will remove that gap. If you want to remove it without replacing header pipes there are after market parts intended just for that purpose.

The noise from my classic slip on V&H mufflers is great, I used the fuel pack and SE airfilter; the bike runs much stronger and no need to go to the expense of changing the headers.

If you want to change header pipes then true duals is the way to go but that is a lot of expense that will have limited benefit without further engine work IMO.

Put on a high performance air filter and buy the fuelpac and you're all set. If you didnt change the filter set up yet then I suggest your bike needs more air going in and management program from Fuel pack to get what you need and ensure correct mixture....changing mufflers only does not help a lot and perhaps this is the next stage you are looking for?

He's talking about the Fulsac true dual conversion kit. I've only ever seen pics of them but the folks that use them seem to like them. I don't think I could get past the heat shield issue but again, maybe in person you really don't notice it too much. I think if it were me I'd spend an extra few bucks and buy V&H headers.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:48 AM
TOMCENTRAL
Road Captain

The V&H true duals can be bought for around $340 shipped.Very nice quality & you can use their FuelPak for management.My 08 Ultra runs superperb w/0vals,TDs,FP,SE a/c.Regards,Tom ps:Sound is awesume!
ORIGINAL: RangeRat

I've got V&H Ovals on the stock head pipes and want the "true dual" sound. I realize that I shouldn't expect an increase in Tq or HP but that's OK since all I want is better old-school HD sound.

Is Fullsac the right way to go?

Does anyone have close-up pics of what the resulting right side heat shield gaps look like?

Thx.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:57 AM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Fullsac duals work pretty well and are a nice kit with great instructions.
They're hard to beat for the price.
Here's a pic of them on my bike , you can see the gap for the rear shield and the flipped right side shields.

I suffered a fair torque loss (carbureted) you may not with injection.
The silver pipe looks best with the natural engine , black might look better with black cylinders.
Good value , great sound.
Vance and Hines (and others) look better when installed.
Mick

[IMG]local://upfiles/14587/688FBEC2372C443998A50EC2AFDF05EE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-07-2008, 08:40 AM
pkenyon1
Road Captain

Thanks for the info, I never heard of that...

the only Fullsac I have can be emptied at regular intervals .

I still think that if this is a stock intake etc. then that could be the issue regarding sound and therefore power.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:49 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

I used the kit to covert my stock head pipe and love the kit. You have to some messing with heat shields but in the end its worth it.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:15 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member

Yep, already have Stage 1 with PCIII - plenty of power for an old fart and the sound level with the ovals suites me just fine too butwant stereoinstead of mono.

I'm indeed thinking about V&H true duals versus Fullsac mod with an extra $150 or so left over for other stuff. Thanks for the pics guys and yours look pretty darn goodplus wanted to hearaboutreal-world experience with the Fullsac mod. Thanks.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:14 PM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search for Fulsac Sampson Heat Shield and you will find the part numbers for the heat shields that will not have gaps.

Good Luck

Old 03-07-2008, 09:11 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

If anybody cares to know I can dig up the part numbers to make your heat shield next to perfect.

Quick Reply: 2 Fullsac questions