Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynojet Power commander, Or Other?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Terminator69
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynojet Power commander, Or Other?

Hi, I've started getting ready to ride, Here in Mn 2' snow yet, Any how, Looking to put a set of Rinehart TD's , Big sucker and some kind of fuel mangement system, But every where I go they recomend a different one, Stealer says "sert" of coarse and I've been to 2 indy's and one says Dynojet and the other says PcIII. New to harley so I'm learning as I go, Any Ideas and input greatly appreciated. Thanks, T

Old 03-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Terminator69
Road Master
Default RE: Dynojet Power commander, Or Other?

ORIGINAL: Terminator69
Sorry, Its going onto a 07 SG
Hi, I've started getting ready to ride, Here in Mn 2' snow yet, Any how, Looking to put a set of Rinehart TD's , Big sucker and some kind of fuel mangement system, But every where I go they recomend a different one, Stealer says "sert" of coarse and I've been to 2 indy's and one says Dynojet and the other says PcIII. New to harley so I'm learning as I go, Any Ideas and input greatly appreciated. Thanks, T

Old 03-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Hawkeye
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't pretend to be any great mechanic (that's what I pay my indy for) but I may be able to simplify your options a little. Dynojet is the company that manufactures the PC III so that really is just one option, not two.

I have the PC III on my '07 Ultra and it works great. It does everything I hoped it would.

I'm sure those folks more mechanically inclined than I will pop in here soon and give you their thoughts.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Terminator69
Road Master

thats a start, thanks.T

Old 03-10-2008, 08:31 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If your NOT going to up-grade over the STAGE 1 - Then I would Highly Recommend the V&H FUELPAK - Installed and set-up 30 min max... BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK $$$
If your going or plan on doing more performance up-grade to the engine at a later date - I would Highly Recommend - ThunderMax with auto tune

SERT & PCIII would require a dyno to fine tune it for max performance and Dyno isn't cheap...

Old 03-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tons of info here in the forum on this subject, and a lot of personal opinions. I highly recommend you use the search function and read away. You'll find more info than you could possibly imagine, and you should be able to come to your own conclusion, which is really the only one that matters!

Old 03-10-2008, 08:45 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Keep this in mind . . . The PCIII is an add-on unit that modifies the output of your bikes ECM to give more fuel to your motor.

The SERT (Scream Eagle Race Tuner) is a unit that allows a mechanic to access your bikes ECM (computer) to do the same thing.

The PCIII also disables the O2 sensors.

You will need to have you bike dynoed to get it dialed in with the SERT. Some guys do it themselves which is fine for them but it would be just guessing for me to do it.

If you have a good dyno shop in your area and you are willing to pay for the dyno and the SERT, then it is a good way to go. I found my SERT at a reputable ebay store for less than $300. The dyno tune I just had done cost me $460. My bike runs better then it ever did with the PCIII which I ran for 5000 miles before switching to the SERT.

These are just my opinions. I'm not an expert but I do know that many people agree. The SERT is a great way to go if you're not going to make a lot of changes to your bike after the initial stage 1 modifications. Also, if you're not inclined to "mess" with your bike, let a good mechanic do it. I'm fortunate to have Latus Motors close in Portland, OR. Their dyno shop is one of the best in the country.

Anyone else here agree with any of this??? Let's hear your opinions or ideas and help this guy out.

Steve L.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Terminator69
Road Master

Thanks for the info , Thats a good start, Ya I'm kinda in a bind, I want to do the whole stage one but theres so much uncertanty here and the price keeps going up, I don't want to cheap out but I don't want to **** money away that could be spent on other things.T

Old 03-10-2008, 10:48 PM
sweetglide
Intermediate

I just moved from a PC III to a SERT for a few reasons. I will be adding a HQ Pro Tuner and HQ 500 cams in the near future. I wanted the ability to adjust timing which both SERT and PCIII allow the user to do, not sure about Tmax, DDT, and others. There are a bunch of riders here running all types of EFI controlers. Take advantage of the knowledge on the forum, there is more here than one can absorb at times. Once you start getting into the dirty details that is when the fun begins.

Steve (sifularson) turned me on to Latus Motors. I called them and they sold me a map tuned on a different bike for the hardware I have installed. That will get me close, I can make up the subtle difference with the HQ Pro Tuner rather than a dyno. In the end I'll have the same amount of money but I'm getting to a HQ big bore kit one piece at a time. The canned map I got from Latus Motors is pretty good, a little better power, better fuel mileage, no pinging, or popping on decel. Only complaint I had about my PCIII was the fuel mileage and I could have fixed that with some additional tuning but chose a different route.

Good Luck

2007 FLHX
SERT
Rinehart TD
SE Stage 1 Air Cleaner

[IMG]local://upfiles/23354/920DD3BA542E417080DA28396EE8AA38.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-10-2008, 11:14 PM
DZLDR
Road Warrior

I was in basicly the same boat you are in. I researched, asked questions, mulled it over and came to the realization that I just shelled out twenty grand on the bike of my dreams, and now I was pissing over a couple hundred bucks between the PCIII and the SERT. I decided I wanted the "best" so I chose the SERT and I am glad I did. The difference is like between night and day!I also had it DYNO tuned by a very good tuner, the best in the Northwest.
If you do decide to go with the SERT, keep in mind that it's performance, good or bad, will be in the hands of your dyno tuner. Ask questions from others that have had work done to their bikes where you will take your's to.
Good Luck on your decision

Quick Reply: Dynojet Power commander, Or Other?