Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More legroom?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Papajohn
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More legroom?

Does anybody have any ideas about getting more legroom on a bagger? I'm 6-5 and I don't like the "knees-up" riding position.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:07 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: More legroom?

Go to the Kuryakyn web site.
They have a footboard extension for extending them out and forward both.
Also a seat adjustment by C&C a vendor here would work some.
And new bars if they dont fit right. HD dealer has em.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:09 PM
wdg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

differant seat will helo out alot

Old 04-18-2008, 02:24 PM
jraven
Cruiser

seat will help, highway pegs on the crash bar, read somewhere ealier somebody was looking at putting forward controls on their bagger, see no reason why you couldn't

Old 04-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Rick06
Tourer

HD Tallboy seat will set you back 2" and the HD extended floorboards extend forward 2". Get the extended Brake pedal and a set of 13-16" Carlini apes andyou will be a little more comfy.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Isshinryu
Tourer

I also turned my highway pegs so the clamp faces forward. It extends the foot position about two inches and that helped me.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Ultra007
Tourer

I'm 6'5" as well and have went through the same excersise as you are going through now. You need to seperate the theory bs from fact. The floorboard extensions will move the boards OUT 1" (again, buy the stuff yourself at a hardware store for about $5.00) and the floorboard relocation brackets from HD only move them forward about and inch as well (same board with the bracket moved back). BUT, BUT, BUT ... no matter how far forward you move the boards you don't gain much room due to the fact that you are still limited by the brake and shifter. Even with extended levers, you feet will not go under the levers to gain any real room (with riding boots at least). BEEN THERE DONE THAT And HAVE THE T_SHIRT. Forward controls are interesting and seem to be getting popular but I haven't seen anything that will work wioth the lowers on.
I say extend the floorboards out and forward to gain anything you can,get the Ultra Tallboy handlebars, get a seat that moves you back (mine is a Corbin solo) and then customize a peg system. I went to FOUR pegs and now have tons of room to stretch out.
Before you buy anything, sit on some altered bikes and then plan your system out carefully.

U

Old 04-19-2008, 10:10 AM
IamZardoz
Tourer

After a couple of false starts I put a factory Road Glide seat on my FLHT. You sit further back on it and that gives you more legroom. Test it out at the dealership.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Navitimer
Cruiser

I agree with the other posts. A couple things really helped me out. I'm shorter than you (around 6'1" give or take), but felt really cramped on the stock set up. I ended up going with the HD Badlander seat, which is less comfortable but moves you further back and down. I also added highway pegs, and between the two I'm much more comfortable. Haven't done the floorboard extensions, but they look like something I might want to check into.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:19 AM
hunter101
Advanced

My brother in law is 6' 5" also and he sent his seat to a guy in N Carolina and they removedsome of the foam from the factory seat and added a thin layer of memory foam and reshaped it. it moved him back about 3" and down 1/2" and he swears by this guys work and loves the seat. He was advertising on this site and you could probally find him with a search and i will try also to get his number if your interested. it only cost a little under 100.00 bucks!!!

Quick Reply: More legroom?