Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need instructions.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 09:27 AM
1badbagger
Road Warrior
Received 1,630 Likes on 430 Posts
Default Need instructions.......

Any and all help is greatly appreciated...
I bought the take off parts from a guy that had his 2008 Ultra triked. The tour pak and hard bags have the spoiler/brake lights and the siderails have the Glo lights. I'm just needing to know where I can get the instruction sheet for these lights so I know how to wire them and where to wire/plug them in ??? The hardbag spoilers have a set of wires that goes into 1 set, but there is no plug, just male ends soldered together. I'll need to buy a plug for the wire end and figure out where to plug it in.
Thanks?

Old 07-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need instructions.......

The best suggestion that I can think of is a Factory Service Manual (FSM) and the Electrical Manual and the Parts Illistrated Manual for starters.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
With out you taking a photo of everything and posting it (good luck with all that with site problems its hard enough to post) its going to be a very lablor intensive process on a forum.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

The saddlebag spoilers/LED's installation instructions show a four place Deutsch connector on the end of the wires which is plugged into the Accessory connector located under your seat in front of the battery.&nbsp\\; I wired mine to the HD run/brake/turn signal module so the LED's function as turn signals also.
&nbsp\\;
The TP spoiler/LED uses the same Deutsch connector and the installation instructions call for it to plugged into the Accessory connector under your seat.&nbsp\\; HD sells a Y-pigtail to accommodate connecting two connectors.
&nbsp\\;
Alternatively, you can simply splice the TP spoiler LED wiring into the existing TP wiring located under the metal base plate of the TP (which is how I wired my spoiler LED.&nbsp\\; The blue wire is the run light circuit, red/yellow stripe wire is brake light circuit, and black is ground.
&nbsp\\;
Stop by your HD store's parts counter and ask them to print out the installation instructions for you.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-07-2008, 11:15 AM
1badbagger
Road Warrior

Thanks guys. I know the parts manager at the local shop but he's not in today and I wanted to tackle this job now. I know he'll make a copy for me if I can catch him there before he quits to move back to PA.
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; So, I'll move on to the next project, which is installing the Motolights that the guy I got all this stuff from just GAVE me when I picked it all up yesterday. He just literally GAVE me the $400.00 + Motolights that everyone seems to love that has them. I'm reading the instuctions now and it says allow 2-3 hours for install, barring any problems. These lights are brand new and even came with the 50 watt bulbs in addition to the standard 35 watt jobs. Talk about excited when he just handed the box to me and said, "here, maybe you can use these too."

Old 07-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Good for you.&nbsp\\; I installed Motolights on my '04 EG a couple of weeks ago.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;That accessory connector under your seat is going to be a busy location since the Motolights harness for HD installations plugs into that accessory connector.&nbsp\\; The ground&nbsp\\;stud nuts&nbsp\\;under the seat are 10mm, and the long caiper bolts with the Motolights use a 5/16" allen IIRC.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:34 AM
1badbagger
Road Warrior

I have my Air Zepplin seat plugged into the acc.'s outlet under the seat. Is it O.K. to get a "Y" adapter and plug these lights in there also?

Old 07-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Yes.&nbsp\\; The Motolights lamps get their power directly from the battery as the wiring harness supplied has a positive terminal lead to connect to the battery and a ground connector to connect to the ground stud under the seat.&nbsp\\; The power for the lights is switched by the relay in the harness and the switch is low amperage connected to the accessory connector.&nbsp\\; It's the same electrically as HD uses for the HD fog lamps that use 55W bulbs which I removed to install fairing lowers in conjunction with the Motolights.
&nbsp\\;
You'll need the Y-adapter HD sells if you want to wire it to the Accessory connector.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:07 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,026 Likes on 1,742 Posts

1badbagger,
&nbsp\\;
PM sent