Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terry Componets ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 01:53 PM
foghat
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terry Componets ?

Just had a nice long conversation with a rinehart tech rep. He told me to consider this fuel management system after installing my exhaust. I was leaning toward the the PCIII but I like the concept of this device. This system is a closed loop and optimizes fuel/air ratio continuously. It adjusts for any changes or motor modifications automatically including changes in altitude. Anyone else running one of these? How's the install? Where is the O2 sensor located on the pipe and is it noticable? Thanks in advance for any input you have. Pro or Con.

Old 03-10-2006, 02:01 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Terry Componets ?

Good concept if it works well, have not seen a solid review from anyone in the bagger zone yet, still a skeptic. Don't like the idea of splicing wires. I'm stickin' with what I got, then both cylinders can be tuned optimally/individually. How does Terry's system compensate for that? Also limits your choice of pipes unless you want to start drillin' and weldin' on a set. May be adequate but I think you can still do better with a PCIII/precise dyno tune to get the most from your ride. Too many variables for me to even consider!

Old 03-10-2006, 02:15 PM
foghat
Advanced

The new rineharts already have the o2 sensor port in the front pipe. Good to go. I just don't know about a 3" O2 sensor and wire sticking out of my exhaust. What happens if it fails? I like the concept too but need to know more.

Old 03-10-2006, 02:50 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Buy it and let us know!!

Old 03-10-2006, 04:23 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do your research on that device. I love my SERT.

Old 03-10-2006, 05:49 PM
foghat
Advanced

Here is a link . I was hoping someone else had this already but looks like I'll be the guniea pig on this if go with it.

http://www.bub.com/Accessories/Termi...ty-module.html

Old 03-10-2006, 09:12 PM
00ultra
Advanced

You might want to talk to Terry Keith @ Terry Components their toll free number is posted on their web site.
I just install the Terminal Volicity II on my ride, On Terrys recommendation I put the bung in the rear exhaust of my true dual system (fullsac) The install went smoothe and I had no problems splicing into the wires as per the instructions. Since you already have the bung on your pipe i guess that's where you would install the O2 sensor. If you want a pictue of where I installed mine I will post it for you upon request. I believe the reason Keith suggested the rear exhaust is because that is the hotter running cyl. Therefore leaner and with just one O2 sensor it would tend to compensate (enrichen) by way of the the TVII. I don't know exactly how much of a range this device really has, but I would rather run a little rich than too lean. I just finished the install yesterday and have not had a chance to ride as of yet (raining here in SoCal) Also if you decide to purchase one, about the cheapest place I've found is www.directparts.com About $420.00 Look in the New Stuff section.
ORIGINAL: foghat

Just had a nice long conversation with a rinehart tech rep. He told me to consider this fuel management system after installing my exhaust. I was leaning toward the the PCIII but I like the concept of this device. This system is a closed loop and optimizes fuel/air ratio continuously. It adjusts for any changes or motor modifications automatically including changes in altitude. Anyone else running one of these? How's the install? Where is the O2 sensor located on the pipe and is it noticable? Thanks in advance for any input you have. Pro or Con.

Old 03-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd really like you to post a picture of the bung instal, should be doing my 99' real soon.

Old 03-11-2006, 01:46 AM
foghat
Advanced

You might want to talk to Terry Keith @ Terry Components their toll free number is posted on their web site.
I just install the Terminal Volicity II on my ride, On Terrys recommendation I put the bung in the rear exhaust of my true dual system (fullsac) The install went smoothe and I had no problems splicing into the wires as per the instructions. Since you already have the bung on your pipe i guess that's where you would install the O2 sensor. If you want a pictue of where I installed mine I will post it for you upon request. I believe the reason Keith suggested the rear exhaust is because that is the hotter running cyl. Therefore leaner and with just one O2 sensor it would tend to compensate (enrichen) by way of the the TVII. I don't know exactly how much of a range this device really has, but I would rather run a little rich than too lean. I just finished the install yesterday and have not had a chance to ride as of yet (raining here in SoCal) Also if you decide to purchase one, about the cheapest place I've found is www.directparts.com About $420.00 Look in the New Stuff section.
Thanks I spoke with Terry earlier this afternoon. Let me know how it runs.

Old 03-11-2006, 01:27 PM
00ultra
Advanced

Lets see if I can give you a few pics....
And Wally did you talk with Keith Terry about the O2 sensor in a NON true dual situation, by you bike picture it looks like you still have the "H" pipe on your ride. And did you read my post on concerns of non true dual systems with O2 sensors. If not here it is again....

"Exhaust reversion. Reversion is the term for a negative pressure wave that can suck ambient air back into the exhaust and cause an erroneous lean AFR indication. Exhausts without mufflers, such as open headers or "drag pipes" on motorcycles, usually suffer from reversion effects and may not be suitable for use with the WEGO II. Reversion effects will also occur with certain exhausts used on "bagger" style motorcycles, where two pipes split off near the rear cylinder. At part throttle, air is actually sucked into the left tailpipe. You will have to block off the left pipe. Reversion effects will be most noticeable at idle, part throttle low RPM cruise, and decel. "

Not saying it will not work, just giving information. Talk with Terry Keith about it and see what he says. I would like to know what you find out.

ORIGINAL: Wally

I'd really like you to post a picture of the bung instal, should be doing my 99' real soon.

Quick Reply: Terry Componets ?