Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power commander V help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 10:16 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stultra
I agree, putting it together was a snap. Other than getting the wiring end of things out of the way anyway. Also, when I turn on the ignition the PCV shows a green light, then if I pull in the clutch, as if to hit the start button, the PCV flashes green and red and the start button fails/poweless. dayum!
I think it's time to call Jamie. I'm stumped. For sure, the PCV shouldn't be flashing any red lights.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:49 AM
1stultra
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjmac53
Let us know what the problem was...
For the record; I put the bike back to stock this morning and all power goes away as soon as I pull in the clutch. I obviously screwed up somewhere during the install. I'll call Jamie at fuelmoto tomorrow and see if we can clear this up. I'll keep you posted.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:13 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

For the record; I put the bike back to stock this morning and all power goes away as soon as I pull in the clutch. I obviously screwed up somewhere during the install. I'll call Jamie at fuelmoto tomorrow and see if we can clear this up. I'll keep you posted.
Please do, as I'm dumbfounded by this. The clutch switch is tied into the starter, locking it out when in gear and clutch engaged, but I can't imagine why your engine dies when disengaged. Hint: If you can't resolve this with FM or PC tech support, in that order, put everything back to stock and let the dealer sort it out in warranty. Under no circumstances mention your attempts to install the PC .

Old 02-01-2009, 03:35 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,341 Posts

I recommend first checking the connection at the starter solonoid. When installing the rear O2 sensor eliminator it is possible to inadvertantly disconnect this which will not allow the bike to start, it may not look disconnected but may not be fully connected. It is a single heavy guage wire with a white/clear plug that suppies power to the solonoid. Firmly push this connector into the starter solonoid and you will hear the tab click in with a positive connection. I also recommend checking the rest of the connections and fuses. If you need technical help just give us a call.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-01-2009, 03:39 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Tech Service on a Sunday. It just don't get no better that that!

Old 02-01-2009, 04:08 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Although I cannot devote much time to this forum, I will let you all know that me and my crew really enjoy helping out with technical information and product support. It is more than just our business it is our passion. Honestly, if we are not building, tuning or racing something we go crazy. We typically work at least 6 days a week and if Kieth is lucky him and his wife get to drag race their Fuel Moto sponsored dragster on the weekend which runs 8.00 and will surely be in the 7's soon (with a naturally aspirated small block no less)

Old 02-01-2009, 04:33 PM
1stultra
Cruiser

Thanks for chiming in Jamie. The problem isn't that I can't get it started; she starts right up. It's when I pull or disengage the clutch that she dies. I disconnected the PCV/O2 sensors and returned her to stock and same thing, pull clutch and kill motor. I've been through all the fuses, starter wires, every connection I could find for that matter. I also had the battery disconnected for a couple hours while checking said fuses/connections to see if something may have needed to reset itself, again no luck. Frustrating to say the least. On a side note I do love the sound of the Jackpots and hope to have this resolved this quickly.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:45 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Sorry, I misunderstood your issue and thought your bike would not start at all. I would start by tracing your steps back to the last time the bike started and ran correctly. Have you made any other mods or changes to the bike at the same time? If the bike is shutting off it should store a code you should be able to pull up to reference. I also recommend unplugging the ECM and carefully checking for any pins that may be slighly bent or not sitting the connector correctly.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:31 PM
1stultra
Cruiser

I checked that too. Also checked the pins on the PCV. Everything looked good and straight with very uniform spacing on both. I have no clue how to look for a code. Other mods: I did put the A/C and Jackpots on and fire up the bike before putting on the PCV but that's it. Ran it for a couple minutes to hear the pipes, sounded awesome. I also turned the ignition on once after putting on the PCV,very quickly as I realized right when I did it that I hadn't put the O2 eliminators on yet, it was maybe two seconds tops. Could that have caused this problem? And no need to apologize for anything Jamie. I truly appreciate you stepping up on Superbowl Sunday and trying to help.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:48 PM
sjkinlodi
5th Gear
Question Status?

Any resolution? I just ordered A/C and PC-V from Fuel Moto for my 08-Street Glide. Should compliment the recent addition of Rinehart Slip-Ons. Feeling good about selecting Fuel Moto but would like to hear the PC-V fits the bill.

Quick Reply: Power commander V help please