Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painted Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Jukebox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Painted Windshield

I took my stock windshield and cut it down to look like a shorty. I was going to tint it but the tint will not stick to the black portion on the bottom. So now I am thinking about painting the inside black,but I don't want it to look crappy. Has anyone else done this or have experince with tinting the windshield? HELP

Old 02-20-2009, 08:44 PM
FLoTR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Instead of painting the inside black, why not prep the lower outside and paint it to match your bike? I think that would be pretty cool

Old 02-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't think that's a DIY job with paint. Aftermarket stuff is usually stick on. Nice looking bike...I would just buy a shorter tinted windshield and install. Not that expensive.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:52 PM
EGlideKid
Road Master

Originally Posted by johnnyp
I took my stock windshield and cut it down to look like a shorty. I was going to tint it but the tint will not stick to the black portion on the bottom. So now I am thinking about painting the inside black,but I don't want it to look crappy. Has anyone else done this or have experince with tinting the windshield? HELP
Hey johnnyp, there's been another couple of threads out there on this very subject. As I recall, there were some good and interesting ideas exchanged. Do a search and see what pops up.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Jukebox
Road Master

I was wanting to tint the windshield black as possible from the inside because I don't think it would be good to do it on the outside,and it is really so that I look right over it..

Old 02-20-2009, 11:31 PM
M1garandfan
Advanced

I had mine painted.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:22 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 702 Likes on 349 Posts

I painted the lower portion of mine (to hide the windshield bags). Easy job. I masked off the area that I DIDN'T want painted, then hit the rest with a palm sander and some 220 grit paper to scuff it. Wiped it clean and sprayed it. Worked great.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:13 AM
TruBluUltra
Tourer

Painting the inside is really THE way to go. You might even want to consider finding a copper that matches the tins.....then the black at the bottom of the windshield would blend with the rest of the black accents on the bike. It's typical to paint the insides of bug deflectors (like on pickups). By painting the inside, when viewed from the outside it's a perfectly shiny surface (minus the bug guts, etc.). Just an idea.

Paul

Old 02-21-2009, 05:07 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

I still think a black and copper shield would be a slick look

Old 02-21-2009, 05:26 PM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior

that is a very good idea i have painted the inside of my work vans back windows of years now it will look good just due your prep work on the plixe glass

Quick Reply: Painted Windshield