Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD stage one or FuelMoto????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:38 PM
09 UltraFine
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD stage one or FuelMoto????????

I was thinking of adding the tuner and AC, but keeping the stock mufflers on my 09 Ultra. HD dealer wants about $700 installed. Or would I be better off with the Fuelmoto package? I don't want it any louder just a little richer and more air. Thanks for all the help!!!!!!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:45 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The Stage 1 is an air filter kit that removes the back plate for improved airflow. You wouldn't want to run a stage 1 without some kind of EFI tuner like a Power Commander, Fuel Pack or similar. If you opt not to do the Stage 1 and just go with a tuner, you can run a preprogrammed MAP for a stock set-up, but I don't think you're going to see much improvement.

For maximum benefit, you might consider a set of quiet slip on pipes, stage 1 and EFI tuner. This will increase your airflow, fuel mixture and exhaust which will provide better hp and tq.

Last edited by tda69; 04-29-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:34 AM
Bad Pig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

more air in.....you'll have to move that air out, I'd do stage one ac with tuner and slipons. I say call Jamie up at fuelmoto and tell him what your wanting. you can get some tame muffs and you'll save some $$
just my .02 good luck

Old 04-30-2009, 04:44 AM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I said it once, I'll say it again. You dont need a tuner at stage 1. Save your coin!!

The stock computer and injectors have more than enough headroom to add the extra fuel required. The oxygen sensors will tell the computer to add more fuel. Its that simple. Just like upgrading the exhaust and air cleaner on a car.

Last edited by kingkingking; 04-30-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:20 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kingkingking
I said it once, I'll say it again. You dont need a tuner at stage 1. Save your coin!!
You can say it all you want, but if he wants to bring engine temps down by adding more fuel, he needs a tuner. I would go PC V, just for the fact that if you do chane up things in the future, you can adjust it easily.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:03 AM
bigjames19
Outstanding HDF Member

I would check Fuelmoto out!

Old 04-30-2009, 06:08 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm a big fan of the FuelMoto/DynoJet PCV, even with a mild setup like what you are talking about. It will add more fuel to your mix, resulting in cooler engine temps and slightly better performance. With the SE Air Intake, you will definitely be adding more air into the system, so some sort of adjustment to the fuel/air mixture will be necessary for optimum running. Even if the O2 sensors can modify the mixture, the overall mix will still be on the lean side and it will take adjustment to the ECM to make it better, either with a Stage 1 download from HD, or aftermarket such as the PCV. I lean toward the PCV because it can be remapped if you change your configuration later, whereas the download is "fixed" and limited to only HD equipment.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:20 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

When I first bought my bike the first mod I made was the SE AC at 1000 miles. I did the factory remap, for $150.00. I didn't want to add a fuel management system. I planned to add pipes in the future. At about 6000 miles and riding a few miles, I realized a couple of things, 1. The bike runs hot, 2. I wanted some additional performance and 3. I may make more changes in the future. So, I paid the money for a Fuel management system. If I would have made the purchase of the fuel management system with the SE AC upgrade I would have saved myself 150.00. You may want to consider that.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:14 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master

for the 700 that the dealer is quoting you can get really close to a complete package from Fuelmoto.... (and that includes slip ons - and you can get the quiet baffles). with the fuelmoto package.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:19 AM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I cannot tell you which way to go, but I can say Fuelmoto is a good company to work with. I made a stupid mistake while installing a backplate they sent me and ended up needing a replacement part. I gave them a call expecting to pay for the part and they sent it to me free, they even paid for shipping.

Quick Reply: HD stage one or FuelMoto????????