Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a SERT and not dyno'd their bike?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 11:18 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question Anyone have a SERT and not dyno'd their bike?

Just curious to see if anyone has a SERT, loaded a map and gone from there?

Old 05-13-2009, 11:54 AM
porterjet
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suspect a lot of us have done just that. I'm over here in paradise with the nearest dyno being at least 1000 miles away. The beauty about the sert is you can load the closest map to your setup, hook up your computer and go for a short ride. When you get back, check out the data curves to see what to change next. About the only thing it won't do is measure the actual AFR.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:17 PM
langhammx
Road Captain
Default sert

I bought my bike and had the dealer install the sert and stage 1 a/c and exhaust. They didn't dyno tune at that time. I rode it for 3 months and then took it in and had it dynoed. It had a lean bog off of the bottom that I wanted gone. The dyno run did the trick and I have been riding happy since.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:28 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by porterjet
I suspect a lot of us have done just that. I'm over here in paradise with the nearest dyno being at least 1000 miles away. The beauty about the sert is you can load the closest map to your setup, hook up your computer and go for a short ride. When you get back, check out the data curves to see what to change next. About the only thing it won't do is measure the actual AFR.
Haven't done that as of yet, it's my next step. Have you adjusted any of the AFR's, or just stuck with the AFR's from the map that you loaded?

I loaded map 100, and so far have just ramped up the CLB's to near max. Bike runs and starts great and have no complaints except it has a slight amount of decel pop.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:29 PM
chester1957
Road Warrior

I loaded the canned map that matched my components, took it for a ride and never looked back. Runs great. A dyno tune might get me more, but I know from the people I ride with, it wouldn't be enough to justify the expense. I did max out the clb table as instructed by someone who really knows his chit here on the forum.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:49 PM
molsen
Road Master

I did not take it to a dyno, but I used a twin tec II+ to dial in my afr with what I wanted. Loaded a map with the timing table I wanted and adjusted from there, both afr and timing.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:39 PM
IBHarley
Road Master

I had the dealer load the map no popping and I get 42 to 50 mpg Kerker slip ons with a BAC but its still hot so I would like to eventually get it dynoed just for peak performance and optimum cooling

Old 05-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still running a canned map on mine after the V&H TD install. Great power, crappy fuel economy. Dyno soon should help achieve a little better balance between the two.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Chucky
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was going to ask a related question and I think it fits here. Bought a new SG last week and had SE AC, SERT, and Reinhart slipons installed. It runs fantastic, no popping, sputtering, etc. Not sure on heat or fule economy yet. So two questions:

1. Why would I want to spend the money on dyno tuning? This is pretty much addressed above.

2. The only thing they put in my bags was the SERT unit. No cables (which from other posts I can buy from dealer) and no disc. So if I want to have my indy change anything or dare to play with this myself, what do I need to do? I can see that I would need to buy a cable to hook computer up to bike. Do I need a disk, instructions, etc.? or am I chained to dealer if any adjustments are needed?

Thanks.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:23 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Chucky
Was going to ask a related question and I think it fits here. Bought a new SG last week and had SE AC, SERT, and Reinhart slipons installed. It runs fantastic, no popping, sputtering, etc. Not sure on heat or fule economy yet. So two questions:

1. Why would I want to spend the money on dyno tuning? This is pretty much addressed above.

2. The only thing they put in my bags was the SERT unit. No cables (which from other posts I can buy from dealer) and no disc. So if I want to have my indy change anything or dare to play with this myself, what do I need to do? I can see that I would need to buy a cable to hook computer up to bike. Do I need a disk, instructions, etc.? or am I chained to dealer if any adjustments are needed?

Thanks.
I had to do the same thing when I bought mine. I purchased the cables and then downloaded the tuning/data modules and manual HERE at the bottom of the page.