Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My .02 on 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 01:43 PM
iceman5218
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My .02 on 2010

Someone check and make sure I didn't miss something.

RG is changed to 2-1 exhaust and given a different finder (I like the Scarlet)

Ultra gets 103" with bling, an acc. port in the trunk (like this feature as well) heated grips (how many people need this feature) and a luggage rack (is this needed as well)

SG Trike gets 103" with not as much of the bling as the Ultra (like the ultra badges more) and different tires (this really makes me worried if they don't think enough of the 408's to put them on their high end SG)

CVO SG gets all the goodies but the pics show the 407's and not the 408's. Can't wait to see and hear the excuses on this.

Someone feel free to disagree and add to. Want this to be an all inclucive that someone can look to for the new bikes.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Here’s some of my .02:

They say there are 9 new models. To me there are actually only five new models/styles.

The Dyna Wide Gide is back.
Not at all what I remember the Dyna Wide Glide to be. I loved the looks of the older (2 years ago) Wide Glide, but what’s up with these new handle bars?

A Fat Boy Lo:
I’m not sure how it’s different, I guess it’s a blacked out Fat Boy. I don’t really care.

Road Glide Custom:
They put a Road Glide Fairing on a Street Glide.

Electra Glide Ultra Limited:
Kind of a step between the Ultra and the Screamin’ Eagle Ultra, I guess.

Street Glide Trike:
My next bike, once my old body gives out and I can’t hold up my Street Glide anymore.
.................and where's that guy that said I was crazy for saying I thought thre might be a Street Glide Trike? I was right for once. Don't tell my wife thought she still thinks I'm always wrong.

The other four “new Modles” are Screamin Eagle models that change every year, so it’s not really new then is it………….and it looks like the Screamin’ Eagle Street Glide doesn’t have a Chrome Front End, a Chrome Wheels and a Painted Inner Fairing, I'm glad I didn't wait........and I tired that kind of "Highway/Crash/Engine Bar" on my old Fat Boy and the footpegs where worthless, that high up in the air.

I must say the Sreamin Eagle Convertible is new. It looks just like what I did to my old '07 Fat Boy.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:56 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

yeah, certainly not enough differences to get me to trade in my streetglide.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:03 AM
iceman5218
Road Captain

Any more thoughts?

Old 07-27-2009, 05:44 AM
reds2harleys
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the new Wide Glide, bye - bye ugly Bobtail fender. Don't care about the blacked out Fatty, yawn. Like the Road Glide Custom but can't believe you can only choose from 3 colors, 2 of them Black. The Ultra limited is interesting. I'm keeping my Rocker - LOVE it - but I might be looking to upgrade my 99 Road King for a new touring rig. My choice would be simple if they made the Road Glide in Sunglo Red. They don't so I'll either wait or look at the Ultra Limited. Most likely - I'll be keeping the old bucket of bolts a few more years.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:36 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't see anything in the 2010 lineup that blows my pants leg up. For my taste I do not like a 2 into 1 exhaust so that knocks the RG & SG out. The black Fatboy is butt ugly along with the SG trike and I can't see a middle bike between the Ultra & CVO. As for the Softail CVO and the DYNA CVO I can't see those being hot sellers either. The 09 DYNA CVO certainly wasn't, they are on every dealers floor waiting to be bought !! HD sure must have had alot of blue & silver paint left over from 09, that seems to be the only colors to choose from. I'm glad I bought "Bessie" some new shoes, we will keep on rolling along and smiling !!!

Old 07-27-2009, 06:47 AM
testifer
Road Master

dont know why everyone was looking for big changes...they did a major change last year. you will see bigger changes next year...if they upgraded the touring bikes all you 09 owners would be crying like a bitch. seriously folks...whats really left for them to change besides water cooled? the great thing about owning a harley is you get a great bike from the factor, then if you want, you can customize it a gazzilion different ways. try that with a victory.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Cyphilis
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have aligned myself and my bills to be able to purchase a new bike in early 2010. I was really hoping to see a blacked out touring bike, but Harley didn't deliver and honestly didn't impress me with anything. I did however find a 2010 bike that I love. Its the Victory cross country, their version of the street glide. Now, I plan on still keeping my Ultra I have now, but I plan to buy a Victory now instead of a H-D for my other bike.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:35 AM
hdmunro
Advanced
Default new bikes

well their sales are down by over 30%, its tough out there,
and i think they did what they could givin the situation...its all they can do to stay afloat
so i think our hopes for any radical new design changes for 2010 were a little lofty...
my bet is they bide their time till 2012 when the anti pollution police come a callin
and we start seeing the water-cooled models...if thats the direction they go...

bill

Old 07-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

How dare them make minor changes that some people like and others don't like!

They should have changed everything and driven themselves into deeper financial problems.

Sheesh

Quick Reply: My .02 on 2010