Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mmo

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 05:48 PM
paguy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mmo

Many moons ago the great white father in Washington decreed that America would no longer use leaded gasoline. All us folks out there who where barley able to keep our shovelheads on the road had to take to carrying small cans of Marvel Mystery Oil as a fuel additive in our saddlebags. Whether we wanted to wear saddlebags or not.
Added the oil to the gas tank to make up for the unleaded.
A riding buddy mentioned using this oil in his tractor. He said he used this in various construction vehicles for years and it helped.
Long story short I've been putting this Marvel Mystery Oil in the tank, one ounce per gallon, Holy Chit.
The top end actually feels and sounds like a precision machine and the engine seems to run cooler and cool off faster. Four tank loads this week and unless I find different I will continue.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope you'll give us a long term report, if it don't hurt, I'll try it.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:13 PM
thejr88fan
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mmo = atf

Old 08-16-2009, 07:20 PM
deezee
Cruiser

I can see where that would be OK with a carb or open looped system, but how would that work with O2 sensors?

Old 08-16-2009, 07:24 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by thejr88fan
Mmo = atf
Yep, with a little kerosene mixed in.

I'd make a guess most if the improvements are placebo effects from reading the propaganda on the can...LOL.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:26 PM
paguy
Road Captain

The O2 sensors should'nt be affected. Part of what is happening is ethanol ain't very good for preformance. We have 93 octane Sunoco in this state and I've been able to tell preformance when the ethanol is added in the spring. Also, when a combustion engine is shut off there is a residual gas sitting on the pistons, an oil additive will clean this. Not saying keeping carbon pitting off the valves.
A far as a placebo affect, I ride daily putting 200-300 mile days in a couple times weekly. I know when my machine is runnung better. The only thing I'm not sure of is long term use, but so far so good.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:19 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've always been intrigued with MMO myself. My step-dad said he used it in his plane and in his Harley and never had a problem. I'm not sure what it is or what it does but am curious to learn more about it. I used it off and on in my Electra Glide and it never harmed anything but my usage of it was hit and miss so no way to make a statement on it good or bad.

Do you plan on doing a long term evaluation/test on this PaGuy? I'd be interested to hear reports on it as time goes on.

Any chance MMO might help these motors to run COOLER?

Old 08-17-2009, 04:43 AM
paguy
Road Captain

Arizona; I ride a RKC 07 so I don't have a gauge that gives me engine heat, but yesterday 90 degree here and a couple hours through the countryside at varying sppeeds when I stopped for a break the engine cooled right down. After a few minutes I put my hand on the cooling fins?

Old 08-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Well I've started using MMO this week in the Road King. One ounce per gallon. I'll run it regularly and give a report later on.

So far at this point the motor is running smooth as silk and the top end sounds like a fine sewing machine.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:57 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Can this stuff be that good? I'm seriously interested in the long term effects of this. Please keep us all posted.

Quick Reply: Mmo