Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Mike in Oregon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question True Duals

As I look at all the different makes, they all seem to be about the same price and be the same style (run along the frame). I'm having a very hard time deciding which way to go! My luck, I'll make the wrong choice and regret the purchase. I'm currently running Python slip-ons and have no problem with them. Can a guy get some help?

Been looking at the following;
-V&H
-Bassani
-Python (can't find'em)
-Reinhart (Don't make just duals)
-Bub

Old 08-21-2009, 05:29 PM
PSO169
Road Master
Default V&H Dresser Duals

I have had the V&H Dresser Duals on my Ultra for over two years and I am very happy with them. I like the look and and sound didnt get much louder.

Jeff

Old 08-21-2009, 05:37 PM
stukes_md
Tourer

V&H Duals on my Road Glide. Fit perfectly and quality chrome. Also had them on my Road King with no problems.

Can't go wrong with V&H

Old 08-21-2009, 05:38 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PSO169
I have had the V&H Dresser Duals on my Ultra for over two years and I am very happy with them. I like the look and and sound didnt get much louder.

Jeff
Jeff,
Did the true duals significantly reduce your engine temps?

Thank you,

Old 08-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Mike in Oregon
Cruiser

Keep it coming guys!!!

Old 08-21-2009, 05:50 PM
armyof1
Cruiser

i dont see how they would affect engine temps? maybe the point where the pipes join stock, the temp would seem to decrease or equalize out. but running any 2-2 out the same side wouldnt change anything. running any 2-1 would keep things the same as well. but how much really exits out to the left side of the stock exhaust anyway? bumping up your AFR may bring a small decrease in temps....maybe...and how big a difference?

Old 08-21-2009, 05:57 PM
barkster99
Tourer

V&H Dresser Duals on my 07 Road King with SE slip-ons. Considered both Fullsac (didn't like reusing the stock heat shields) and Bassanni (thought the PowerCurve looked goofy).

Maybe my imaginiation but I do think I lost some low-end torque. Surprisingly, it's noticeable. Running PCIII with the Dynojet map for TD and SE.

I also think it helped with heat. Could be there's just as much heat but it sure feels better on both sides instead of all in one place.

My 2 cents. Hope that helps.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:01 PM
1HarleyGuy1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my Rinehard TD's. They sound great and I like the balanced look of the bike. PLUS, I installed them myself and I'm a semi-idiot when it comes to wrenching

1HarleyGuy1

Old 08-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Mike in Oregon
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 1HarleyGuy1
I love my Rinehard TD's. They sound great and I like the balanced look of the bike. PLUS, I installed them myself and I'm a semi-idiot when it comes to wrenching

1HarleyGuy1
Well I'll be doing my own work also. I hate to pay $70-$90 an hour and not be happy. But I'm a perfectionist.

I would pretty much think all brands are going to be about the same to install..??

Old 08-21-2009, 06:52 PM
armyof1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by barkster99
V&H Dresser Duals on my 07 Road King with SE slip-ons. Considered both Fullsac (didn't like reusing the stock heat shields) and Bassanni (thought the PowerCurve looked goofy).

Maybe my imaginiation but I do think I lost some low-end torque. Surprisingly, it's noticeable. Running PCIII with the Dynojet map for TD and SE.

I also think it helped with heat. Could be there's just as much heat but it sure feels better on both sides instead of all in one place.

My 2 cents. Hope that helps.
whenever you use true dual you loose lowend Q. and i may be wrong but the stock setup isnt really true dual its a bastardized 2-1-2, so you will keep that low end umph. 2-1 keeps the HP & Q up there. 2-2 gives up some performance for a little better "cooling" on your thighs.

Quick Reply: True Duals