Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Dropped my Bagger the First Week
Guilty
15.65%
Guilty with an explanation
5.78%
Hell No....
72.11%
What Do You Consider Dropping?
2.04%
I Ain't Telling Nobody Nothin!
4.42%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Dropping your Bagger in the FIRST WEEK.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 03:08 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by FunGramps
Have owned 6 Harleys, put on many thousands of miles over the years and have never dropped one. This is true! The ONLY bike I have ever dropped was my new Honada 450 as a teen when I didn't place the kick-stand all the way down...crashed a Honda Goldwing and my racing bike though.
LOL,, My Honda story, I had a CB 750, down on Main street where we hung out as teens, cruising etc... (just like American Graffiti) Couple girls wanted to ride. A friend and I went to our bikes, I swung my right leg over, put it on the peg, pushed the left leg up off the stand, couldn't put my right leg down on the ground,,, fell over like a keystone cop. (Flared Blue Jeans, kick starter went up my pant leg,,, The girls still wanted to go for a ride!

The following users liked this post:
FunGramps (06-25-2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 04:01 PM
FunGramps
Banned
Received 1,544 Likes on 900 Posts

Originally Posted by JimTJr
LOL,, My Honda story, I had a CB 750, down on Main street where we hung out as teens, cruising etc... (just like American Graffiti) Couple girls wanted to ride. A friend and I went to our bikes, I swung my right leg over, put it on the peg, pushed the left leg up off the stand, couldn't put my right leg down on the ground,,, fell over like a keystone cop. (Flared Blue Jeans, kick starter went up my pant leg,,, The girls still wanted to go for a ride!
Wish I had a video of that!

Old 06-25-2017, 05:59 PM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 578 Likes on 305 Posts

Mike,
You forgot in your poll. The option, "That's what your crashbars are for."

Old 06-25-2017, 08:13 PM
justgeorge
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Never. About 12 years ago I was riding my Goldwing down a hill and passed a couple on a Harley touring bike coming up the hill. Realized I had gone the wrong way and turned around and came back up the hill. Near the top I came across the couple in a gravel parking lot with the bike on the side. I pulled him and stopped and helped him lift it back up. The bike looked almost new. As they were walking around the bike checking it out, one of them said "there has to be some damage THIS time".

it had a couple hundred miles on it and had already been dropped for at least the second time.

I have now seen the light and ride a road glide ultra, which coincidentally is about the same shade of blue as my goldwing was.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:32 PM
hellonewman
Club Member
Received 5,735 Likes on 2,471 Posts

Not in the first week but within the first month in my shop. Pushed the bike forward a couple of feet and had a brain fart I guess and it slowly went over on its right side engine guards, me on the left getting pulled over with it. It was surreal, this wasn't happening....it was and did. No harm done other than I felt like a moron.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:24 PM
Rickochet55
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's only two types of bikes. Those that have tested the crash bars and those that are going to test the crash bars. Garage floors are slick.... please just don't ask me how I know.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:46 AM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, never

Old 07-01-2017, 03:56 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 432 Posts

First bagger every. 1 week down... No drop.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:41 PM
HOGNOT
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What amazes me about this thread is the number of people who answer with completely irrelevant answers. "....oh no, never, not me, after a million miles I have never had any kind of incident with my bike....blah, blah, blah...." Good grief, that isn't the question. He is asking for replies from the rest of us who HAVE had similar experiences......which I would guess is the vast majority. WTF?

Last edited by HOGNOT; 07-01-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Old Rust
Tourer
Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Another drop in the first week here.
Didn't have a good parking spot yet at the house. Parked just off driveway, half gravel/half lawn. Put a foot long board 1x6 under the kickstand. Standing on the right side of the bike I suddenly hear a 'snap' and see the bike starting to tilt to the left. The best I could do was ease it down from the right side. Not really a drop but an easy down. Not much damage but the license plate bracket and hand grip took the heat.

Quick Reply: Poll: Dropping your Bagger in the FIRST WEEK.