Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Indicator Lights Change to Screaming Eagle version

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:20 PM
zursinus
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road King Indicator Lights Change to Screaming Eagle version

Looking to see if anyone has done this. I find it a pain to look down at the indicator lights as it is not in my field of vision. I noticed the 08 Screaming Eagle as the indicator lights on the handlebar cover. Was wondering if it would fit on a 09 Road King.

Anyone done this?

I attached a pic of the SE display.

Attached Thumbnails Road King Indicator Lights Change to Screaming Eagle version-0.jpg  
Old 09-29-2009, 09:33 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Contact jcbpa (forum username) I'm pretty sure he did it on his 08 RKC.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:02 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I did it on my 08 FLHRC and it is a great help; however, I ended up adding a DeadCenter Fairing and gauges on that... not sure I would have made the SE change if i knew then what i know now. The SE conversion was rather simple for the dealer but he could not put the SE insert on it.... We figured a way around it. Let me know if i can be of any help... here are some newer pics...

Old 09-29-2009, 10:05 PM
maddoggreene
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really like the idea! Will be watching for more info!

Old 09-29-2009, 10:10 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior

Yes, changed to SE bars and hydraulic clutch to help me with my OCD!! I love it!

Old 09-29-2009, 10:12 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Why couldn't he install the emblem? You did the SE RK bars also, didn't you? How did those compare to the stock bars?

Old 10-04-2009, 04:06 PM
lewain
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, tell us more about the re-fit.
I would love to do it to my 2008 road king.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:29 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior

The bars are excellent and the indicators moved up higher are a big help; The SE bars are thicker and allow for the addtion of the hydraulics on the left side. Here's the deal on SE emblem. They are restricted for CVO bikes only and in order to order them the dealer must certify that it is going on a CVO bike. I was annoyed for a bit, but then I realized it was a good things for those guys who shelled out the big bucks for the CVO. Imagine how you would feel if you spent 35 K on an FLRHSE and a guy like me was able to copy it for 4-5 K less. At any rate in my case, I'm way over board... It probably would have saved me $ by buying he CVO, but the reality is my bike is customized to me and I did all but the engine mods and the SE bars and guages myself. If I had to do it again, I'd do the bars and SE guages, but I'm not enough of a wrench to do the engine work. I'm running a 117 with incredible torque and hp in very useable ranges.. I love it and it is as smooth as silk. If you want to know more or if I can answer anything else, let me know.... Happy to share what I know, but I'm a learner.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:46 PM
lewain
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats involved with moving the indicator bar?
Is this something that can be done at home or is it something that has to be done at the dealer?

Old 10-04-2009, 08:14 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior

I think you can do it at home, you will need the parts special ordered and, of course a manual to show you exactly where the wire connections are. I had it done at the dealer, but now a bit down the road I really think I'd try it on my own. You need to find a good parts guy who will walk you through what is needed.

Quick Reply: Road King Indicator Lights Change to Screaming Eagle version