Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Russell Day Long Seat arrived today *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 07:36 PM
gizmodrome
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For years, I've let the look of the Russel seat deter me, until I ordered one because I was simply not comfortable on other after market seats and I had tried a half dozen different one$.

Well, 14 hours in the Russel Day Long seat is not a problem. It's truly a day long seat..

Old 10-08-2009, 08:06 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 476 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightking
I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And more imprtantly, the more comfortable rider. Looks good to me.
I would have said (as far as seats go)
"Beauty is in the butt of the beholder"...... but that would start too many wise azz remarks
but seeing as they've already started... WTF

Old 10-08-2009, 08:14 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

With a seat like that if we could get better gas mileage and have a built in toilet we could ride all day.....But then we would all forget when or how to smell the roses.....My sundowner suits me fine and when i start to "twitch" well its usually time to take a break anyway..."BUTT" I must say the older im getting me butt aint what it used to be and I hate to say it butt nether is my O'Lady's....

Old 10-08-2009, 08:23 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyD
What? No one asked how much? OK, how much did that thing run you? Looks like an all-day'r to me!
My total was just over $1200. I went with heated seats front/rear, full leather cover, heavy suspension(I"m a fat sob), rain cover, etc.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Ferggie
Advanced
Default Russell on a BMW

Spent a ton on a Russell for my BMW K1200LT and got very little for it. Maybe added about 50 miles over the stock to a day trip before the pain set in. I wont wast the $ again on one. By the way I sent it back to have it modified and it still sucked. Just my opinion you understand.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:08 PM
dave7mm
Cruiser

I started with a Stock Ultra seat and it would give a burning feeling about 2 hours into the ride.Farther and longer you went, the more it burned and hurt. Downright uncomfortable after an all day ride.
Got about 6000 miles so far on this one.

I love it.It has the weight system.The small squares keep your butt from sweating.
Totally like the look of it.If for no other reason than its rare and most people dont know what it is.
I can ride all day.Get off.Streach out and not feel like I rode all day.
Best money I spent on the whole project.
dave

Old 10-09-2009, 08:22 AM
wingman05
Road Captain

In my opinion, the best saddle on the market for long distance riding. I have had them on BMW's, a Goldwing, and now on my 08 HD Ultra Classic. I am able to do 600 mile days consecutively, without any soreness or stiffness the next day. Most mileage I have done in one day on this saddle was 931 miles, but I have done many 600+ mile days. Congrats and I know you will enjoy many miles with this saddle.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:59 AM
dave7mm
Cruiser

Originally Posted by wingman05
In my opinion, the best saddle on the market for long distance riding. I am able to do 600 mile days consecutively, without any soreness or stiffness the next day.
Yep,Its the next day thing that makes the RDL worth every penny.
dave

Old 10-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 17,311 Likes on 7,066 Posts

Looks like a very nice seat to me.

I'll also be interested in hearing what you think of it after a couple of long rides. I don't want the wife to know they make heated seats or she'll be wanting one!

Good luck with it and keep us posted on whether it proves to be worth the $$$.

Thank you

Old 10-09-2009, 10:48 AM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior

Very nice. I was torn between a Corbin and a RDL, and ended up going with the Corbin, mainly due to cost. When you figure in the fact that you can sell your stock seat to recoup some of the money, it is quite a bit cheaper for an excellent seat.

One question about the RDL, can you remove the backrest easily? There doesn't seem to be a lot of room for the passenger with it attached. I also wonder if they could extend the p-pad a bit if you had George Anderson's kit to move the tour pak back?

I've heard nothing but praise from the oweners of RDL, I'm sure you will like yours. And BTW, I don't think it's ugly, looks nice to me.

Quick Reply: Russell Day Long Seat arrived today *pics*