Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get tire balancing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 07:02 AM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

..grbrown, me thinks you're confusing tire sealing with tire balancing..personally, I would never use that tire sealing stuff like slime or anything else..ever see a tire changed with that **** in it? a big mess..but you're right, beads would not mix with that stuff..as for the beads, it has been my experience that they do work really well..lots of truckers use them too..here's a couple of looks at the beads..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq263AYgyYg

http://www.bestrestproducts.com/c-100-dyna-beads.aspx

Old 11-12-2009, 07:20 AM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 101 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Trailfndr
SInce you useonly 1-2 ounces, and they are so micro small, there is no noise whatsoever They are ceramic, so that also cuts the sound. I'll never change another tire without them...
I am running them in my Ultra, and the wifes Deluxe, and both bikes run smoother down the road then they did with wieghts.

Nothing to installing them...simply remove the valve core, hook up a small hose to the stem, tip the bottle, and tap the stem till they all get in. ( a vibrating tool helps alot, I used an engraving tool...)

Just make sure that the tire is dry when installed...Water or grease inside the tire wilcause the beads to clump and not work properly.
I am curious ...How do you make sure that the tire is dry on the inside? Another thing I have to wonder about is if you are adding air to the tire...How can you be sure the air hasn't got condensation in it...I am not trying to be a smart a$$...Just trying to learn something.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:46 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hoytheld
The good thing about Dyna-beads is...they are constantly balancing the tire....wheel weights are good...until you get 1 mile on the tire, then, in a sense, the tire will start to wear and the balancing is shot..... I have beads in the two bikes I own....makes it a lot easier on the wallet doing your own tire change and throwing in some beads...hell that saves at least $40-50 here!!

Dyna-Beads A+++++++++++++++++!!!
What equipment are you using to do your own tire change?

Old 11-13-2009, 01:26 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by geezer glide 56
I am curious ...How do you make sure that the tire is dry on the inside? Another thing I have to wonder about is if you are adding air to the tire...How can you be sure the air hasn't got condensation in it...I am not trying to be a smart a$$...Just trying to learn something.

'
Good question. Wouldn't the condensation dry out pretty quick though?

Old 11-13-2009, 02:18 AM
hoytheld
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krazy3
What equipment are you using to do your own tire change?
spoons

Old 11-14-2009, 01:53 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by hoytheld
spoons
how are you breaking the bead??

Old 11-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

TIRE SPOONS...do a search on the net and you will find lots of them ranging in many prices.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:43 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My Indy mounts and balances my tires for $90, and for an extra 6 dollars disposes of the old tires. He was a chief mechanic for HD for 10 years before opening his own shop, glad I found him.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:04 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member

[QUOTE=klap;5845008]..grbrown, me thinks you're confusing tire sealing with tire balancing..personally, I would never use that tire sealing stuff like slime or anything else..ever see a tire changed with that **** in it? a big mess..but you're right, beads would not mix with that stuff..as for the beads, it has been my experience that they do work really well..lots of truckers use them too..here's a couple of looks at the beads..

You might want to check this stuff out at the link below, before you close your mind to the idea of a tire sealant. It gets good reviews on here when it is mentioned as well. I haven't used it, but I am considering using it. Just an FYI deal. (I agree with you on the slime stuff!)

http://www.ride-on.com/

Old 11-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Terminator69
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tires

Dyna beads for myself also. They really work.

Quick Reply: Where to get tire balancing?