Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 06:24 PM
greyvan
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Road Glide

I'm looking for some tips and advise. I just got my new RG and now I'm trying to set it up. I ordered Rinehart true duals, power commander 5, auto tune, and big sucker stage 1. The salesman said they sell a lot of this same set-up and he would pre-load a map for me. He said I can hang on to the tuner and I don't need to get dyno. If this were true I could break in the bike 1st then I could install the auto tuner and get my dyno.
Would the bike run good without the tuner and dyno? If someone had this done what kind of horsepower and torque did it get? Does it matter to break-in 1st?

Old 02-16-2010, 11:39 AM
greyvan
6th Gear

Hi Folks,
I see one guy makes a post and he gets 16k replies, I 'm looking for sometips, advise, and answers and I get 0 replies. Is there a popularity contest I have to enter? Please advise, curious in Mass.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:56 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 462 Likes on 247 Posts

I have no idea which is the better way to go, as I have a bone stock (sorta) 2005 FLTR

Congrats on buying a great bike... now if you were to ask me about seats, windshileds, or handlebars.... I might could help you

no this AIN'T no "popularity contest"

edited to add: maybe change the title of the thread, to a question about power tuners? might get more replies.... "Road Glides" are the forgotten GEM of the HD lineup... and we like it that way

Last edited by skootchnc; 02-16-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get 1000 miles on it and get a dyno run.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:37 PM
GarArnett
Cruiser

My 2010 FLTRX is stock mechanically, meaning I haven't changed the fuel management, intake or exhaust. I keep going back and forth about making any modifications, as I'd like a healthy power increase, but I don't want a loud bike. I can't advise on any dual exhaust set up, since I don't like them and prefer 2-1 like it has stock. Maybe at some point I'll add a muffler. I can tell you a 2009 seat is more comfy for the passenger and fits easy and is cheap on ebay. I haven't done much else to mine other than add an additional accessory outlet and changed the windscreen (though I just changed it back to stock).

Hate the weather, I only have 3272 on the clock since I got it in Sept., and it hasn't moved since mid Dec. Come on spring, I'm going nuts here!

Old 02-16-2010, 01:04 PM
bullseye
Road Captain

I would not run a dyno on a bike that is not broke in. They need to red line to motor to get the proper settings. You should be able to down load a map if the dealer sells so many bikes with this kind of set up.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:11 PM
heywood727
Road Master

If the dealer is going to install everything before you get the bike, let them. You better off breaking in a properly tuned bike.

Also, usually, anything that's put on at delivery gets the full 2 year warranty. I'm not sure how that will come into play with the Power Comander, but if anything goes sideways with the bike, your dealer should stand behind something they put on at new.

Also check with the dealer if there is any impact to you HD warranty when he does this. If it's your home dealer, it may not be an issue as they did the work. Another dealer may not look at it the same way.

I'd put everything on. Might as well break it in running better with a good tune and set up how your going to ride it. Just make sure that he's going to stand behind you should anything go wrong. The pipes and A/C aren't the issue as much, but the Power Comander may.

A canned map for your bike and that set up is easily and readly found. You won't need a dyno. After you break it in you might, but unless your drag racing and need that extra 10th, the map should get you as close as you need. Don't bother or get talked into it.

Find a windshield that you like to cut out any buffering you may have. Stay away from MOCO and look towards Clearview, Klockworks, or Cee Baily. Once you get a better shield, enjoy the ride and go with you other mods from there. You might find that the bike won't need anything else. The windshield was the biggest and best mod for the RG so far for me.

No it's not a popularity contest. As others said, be a little more descriptive and you may get more responces.

Have fun with the RG and welcome to the forum.

Heywood

Last edited by heywood727; 02-16-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

You might also consider new bars. I'm 5'-10" and it's a stretch in the stock seat. It's fine for riding around town, but I'm installing Wild-1 517s before I ride to Daytona.

Good luck!

Old 02-16-2010, 01:23 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

I've got a 2009 RKC and 2009 Ultra. Both of them have PCV, SEAC and slip-ons. I waited until after the 1K service to install them. I don't have the auto tune and have never had them dynoed. What I can tell you is they had noticably more spunk after the upgrades then before and I really like the way they sound and run.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:16 AM
greyvan
6th Gear

Well I do need a seat, more comfort for both passenger and driver. I put the Sundowner on my 06 Road King and was very happy with it.
I think things are going to change with the RG.

Quick Reply: 2010 Road Glide