Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pack Luggage Rack

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 07:45 PM
mtbottles
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tour Pack Luggage Rack

I picked up a used tour pack I found on craigs list. A couple of blemishes here and there. My issues is with some pre-made holes that I guess would be for a luggage rack.

Question is, are all tour pack luggage racks the same size or would they mount differently. It looks like I have a few extra holes. I want to add a luggage rack to fill the holes and if there are extra holes, just plug them with decorative bolts or something.

If someone has a luggage on their rack, can they measure the distance from hole to hole? Also the part number for the luggage rack that you have.

Thanks,

Keith

Old 02-19-2010, 08:44 PM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the look of all those holes....that was a professional installation.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:13 PM
BuckeyeRider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you'll have no problem getting 4 of them to line up somehow.
The premium and air wing racks use the same pattern.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like a proffesional HD install. You know what they say measure several times and drill once. There have been so many threads about the parts changers at some dealers miss drilling or installing these not straight. I just installed my premium tourpak rack and I spent a couple of hours to make sure it was right and straight. I just went out to the garage and measured mine and left to right its 12" center to center and from front to back its 8" center to center. Hope that helps and good luck!

Old 02-19-2010, 09:57 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Originally Posted by twodollarbill
from the look of all those holes....that was a professional installation.
lmao!!!...

Old 02-20-2010, 02:41 AM
mtbottles
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the help.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Peculierboy
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are two types of HD Tour racks, a 'Premium' http://accessories.harley-davidson.c...g/default.aspx one that is wider and a smaller one, called a "mini" http://accessories.harley-davidson.c...k/default.aspx

The mounting holes are not the same for the two racks, the mini is narrower. I can give you measurements for both if you like, let me know. I plugged the holes (used sealant) for the ones that mounted the mini rack when i swapped out for the larger rack.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:24 AM
shredsurf
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOLY *****, I think that's my old lid!!??!?!? Anyone remember my sage...the geniuses at my dealership drilled too many holes!! If it's not my old lid then I'm relieved to see there are other moron's with drills out there!!

Last edited by shredsurf; 02-20-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mtbottles, Nice find on the tour pack. Your color and you probably got a scream'n deal.

Looks to me like the holes are close enough together that you could fill the (bad) holes and then cover them up with a black urathane or rubber flat washer under the rack leg. Also, when installing the rack it's a good time to decide if you want a tourpack lid organizer so you can mount the tourpack bolts through the backing of the organizer. If you do that it might be a good idea to get slightly longer rack bolts so you can get a good "bite" on the rack.

Good luck and hope you enjoy all that extra storage space!!

Last edited by Clint55; 02-20-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint55
Mtbottles, Nice find on the tour pack. Your color and you probably got a scream'n deal.

Looks to me like the holes are close enough together that you could fill the (bad) holes and then cover them up with a black urathane or rubber flat washer under the rack leg. Also, when installing the rack it's a good time to decide if you want a tourpack lid organizer so you can mount the tourpack bolts through the backing of the organizer. If you do that it might be a good idea to get slightly longer rack bolts so you can get a good "bite" on the rack.

Good luck and hope you enjoy all that extra storage space!!
After I installed my premium tour pak rack recently I used industrial strength velcro to reinstall my lid organizer and so far has worked really well. Again Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Tour Pack Luggage Rack