Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Centerstand with Pitbull Jack?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 09:24 AM
cookiemech
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Centerstand with Pitbull Jack?

I've spent hours using the Search function and still don't have what I want, so . . .

I want to install a centerstand on my 09 Ultra, standard suspension. If I install a Wheeldock unit, it appears that I have to go to a fair amount of trouble to use my Pitbull jack, as related by monstead in this thread: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...llow-jack.html. It's a nicely-built set of add-ons that she's using, but I'm not going to go to that much trouble to raise a bike on a jack.

So, has anyone installed the H-D centerstand (91573-09A) on a 2009-up Touring bike and used a Pitbull jack with it? What do you have to do so that the bike is stable on the jack, as it is without the centerstand? From what I can see on the instructions for the H-D centerstand (pdf available on the moco website), there is less stuff projecting downward from the frame crosspiece, which is where the jack goes.

I'd really prefer a centerstand that doesn't interfere with the jack.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:41 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I use a J&S with the Wheeldock. It's a piece of cake. The stand is retracted and the bike is on the sidestand. I put a 3/4" piece of plywood on the front rail of the jack and slide the rear rail under the folded-up legs of the center stand. The plywood matches the offset from the legs to keep it balanced. I believe the Pitbull is roughly the same dimensions as the J&S so it should work the same way. My Sears jack was too narrow to span the distance from the Wheeldock legs to the bare frame on the foreward end. The J&S solved everything and is a really great and stable jack. I believe the Pitbull is every bit as good.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:50 AM
cookiemech
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

So with the Wheeldock and your jack, you don't do anything other than the piece of plywood on the jack arm? The jack will just roll under your bike (presumably resting on the jiffy stand) and you position it as you stated, then raise the bike? I don't know the differences between the Pitbull and the J&S so far as retracted height go, but I don't have a great deal of clearance between the jack and underside of the frame even though my suspension is stock. Might not even have the 3/4 inch I'd need to do that. Have to go measure it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:03 AM
redharleymn
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My jack & ez-up center stand

I did the same as he did. I just added a piece of plywood to the front section of my jack and now it works fine with the ez-up center stand.

I also heard from a Harley tech that HD was discontinuing their center stand. I didn't call anyone to validate that. He works in Columbus, Oh. So investigate before you purchase the HD stand.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:39 AM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

monstead had her RKC lowered 1", that's why she needed the ramps, so the jack arms could roll under the frame with the bike on the sidestand.

I have an 08 RKC, standard suspension like you, the Wheeldock centerstand and Pit Bull jack. I have a 1/2" of plywood I put on the forward arm and it will roll under the frame just fine and the bike is stable on the jack.