Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourpack and Solo seat question

Old 03-23-2010, 04:34 PM
slotbike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Tourpack and Solo seat question

Hi Everyone....I was wondering who out there has a tour pack in the solo position and what, if any, issues they have. I have spoken to iclick from this forum and he has enlightened me as to the issues he had and how he fixed them. I have a 2010 Street Glide with a C&C solo seat and backrest. I want to put a chopped tour pack on the bike with a detachable solo rack. Can I use my seat and backrest with the tour pack? How about my seat, backrest and the HD tour pack pad for upper back support. Will this setup even fit OR work. Anyone with first hand knowledge and pics, would be greatly appreciated. Thank guys, in advance for any help!

Glenn - bagpeddler@aol.com

Old 03-23-2010, 05:08 PM
HRP
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly what I'm planning to do. I have a 2010 Street Glide. When I bought the bike my plans were to go two up with a sissy bar passenger backrest and a luggage rack which I bought and installed.
Plans changed and now I'll be solo for a while so I bought a Danny Gray Solo BigSeat.
Should be here any day. I'll still use the 4 point docking bracket with the passenger backrest and attach the tourpack where the passenger would sit and use it as a backrest on long trips. Then when not using the tourpack, remove the passenger back rest and solo on day trips.
As soon as the seats gets here I'll mount up and check it out and post how it works.
If anyone else has tried this would be curious how it worked out.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:14 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Here is my set up.

HD Brawler solo seat
HD Chopped TP
HD Solo detachable TP rack
HD "smooth" TP backrest
GA TP relocator kit

When I first installed the TP, it had me sitting too straight up. The GA TP relocator plate fixed both those issues. It moved it back about 1.5".

Old 03-23-2010, 06:13 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a picture of my '03 Ultra Classic with a solo Mustang seat and the tour-pak forward.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:05 PM
Jeff Quinn
Advanced
Old 03-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my girl's '09 Street Glide with a Danny Gray Big Seat and the chopped TourPak in the forward most mounting holes. We're looking to move her Pak forward just a little more, but not sure exactly how much until after I install a new set of bars (again!). Don't know if it helps ya much.

Attached Thumbnails Tourpack and Solo seat question-dsc03835-1.jpg  
Old 03-24-2010, 09:25 AM
slotbike
Tourer

Thanks everyone....great bikes, great pics (gotta love this forum) Anyway, my issue is "IF" I can use the C & C seat with the C & C backrest AND the tour pack in the solo position. I am going to see if I can find someone here on Long Island who has a detachable tour pack that I can put on my bike for a moment so I can see if it fits.

Glenn

Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 AM
bldap
Tourer

I'm can't say from experience but my guess is that you won't be able to have the solo seat with the backrest on and have the TP in the solo position.

I'm going with this setup myself. I'll be receiving my C&C solo seat tomorrow from the brown truck. I ordered it with the backrest hardware installed in the seat but couldn't afford the backrest right now. I already have the tour pak w/backrest and four point docking hardware but just need the seat to complete the install.

Let me know what you find out. Even if the backrest could be on with the TP in solo position I would think it would prevent you from actually using the TP backrest.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:19 AM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by slotbike
Thanks everyone....great bikes, great pics (gotta love this forum) Anyway, my issue is "IF" I can use the C & C seat with the C & C backrest AND the tour pack in the solo position. I am going to see if I can find someone here on Long Island who has a detachable tour pack that I can put on my bike for a moment so I can see if it fits.

Glenn
You must already have the C&C backrest right? Reason why I'm asking is because I can't understand why you would want to use a C&C backrest when you could use one off the TP. Unless you'll be removing the TP frequently and just want to use a backrest.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:28 PM
slotbike
Tourer

r8r,

The C & C backrest is very comfortable and supports the lower back. I have read that the TP backrest is not comfortable for "everyone" so, I am hoping to see what works before I plunk down 12 to 15 hundred dollars for a tour pack which may or may not work, for me. I really appreciate all the feedback and the opinions. It's great to hear everyones stories!

Thanks,

Glenn

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tourpack and Solo seat question