Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear lowering kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 04:09 PM
harleyflo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear lowering kit

Just install a 1 inch rear lowering kit with 13 inch shocks(came of a stock flhtc).Problem is every i hit a bump it looks like my bike rear end is like an elastic.Any one have similar feeling.

Tamaback 1 rear lowering kit on e-bay
Belt is adjusted.

Last edited by harleyflo; 05-24-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:15 PM
harleyflo
Tourer
Angry

Well looks like i found my problem.After going for a ride with my girl friend.Found out that the shocks were to low,the wheel is hitting the inside of the fender.Then i lost all the flashers ,horn,rear light.I figured out that the wire that goes inside the rear fender got damaged and popped up a fuse.So i changed the fuse but no go burnt again.Tomorow i will inspect the damage.I tought with the longer 13 inch shocks from a flhtc and a lowering kit ,it would not do much to the rear as compare to stock shocks without lowering kit.I dont know anymore.(I told my girlfriend she wasnt going to be riding with me because of that.But i didnt tell her she was to heavy.That not nice to say.LOLLL)

Last edited by harleyflo; 05-29-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:29 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Yea my buddy went thru that on his RK. Tire wore thru the harness at the top of the fender. Took about an hour to fix. Put bike on jack to lift fender away from tire. Pulled harness out of clips and separated and retaped wires.

Attached Thumbnails Rear lowering kit-street-glide-003.jpg  
Old 05-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I resenty put a set of the new profile low touring shocks (Non-Air) and even on the minimum setting I don't bottom out. So far I like them very much.

The shocks are std equipment on the CVO Street Glides.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:46 PM
RandyS
Tourer

I had the same problem...just bought the bike and the previous owner had done it...rode around...thought it was air shocks bottoming out so had them checked...good..bought pump, put them right up and things seemed good..then loaded up for a big tour and hit a railway track, bottomed out..tired skidded and thought I might lose control as it did a little dance..yanked them out at next harley shop but sure miss the low profile...will appreciate hearing a cheap way to make these work or to lower the bike.....problem is they said it changes the angle of the shocks to lower so not as much shock ride....

Old 05-29-2010, 07:33 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I lowered my '03 EG Classic 2" and it would bottom out on the really bad bumps when the wife was on. Would keep a little more air in the shocks than normal. Rode good and didn't have any problems.

Attached Thumbnails Rear lowering kit-street-glide-003.jpg  
Old 05-29-2010, 07:46 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 637 Likes on 508 Posts

12 inch shocks are valved stiffer so u dont bottom so much.and the blocks ussually put a different angle on the shocks so they dont work like they should.and yes the wireing to yout taillight and turn signals will be rubbed through.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:18 PM
chaswood
Cruiser

ive lowerd my bike 1 in in front( race tec) and 1in in the back ( cut harley air shocks first then bought - arnott air rides-12 in). it looked great ,but it was not able to turn as well because u decrease ur lean angle.. (constantly scraping the floor boards) if u lower the front and have an oil cooler it will hit and rub the fender ( stock fltr fender ). its not safe to ride .. after all that time n money i pul 13 in progressive coils 440s( stock hight 13 in and put the harley springs back in with s eagle oil and its like a rolls royce.....

Old 05-30-2010, 02:17 AM
vtwin1340
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Progressive 940's will drop it an inch and give a very nice ride.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:07 PM
harleyflo
Tourer

Heres whats rest of my wires under the rear fender.Lucky the screw holding the seat didnt go trough the tire.

Attached Thumbnails Rear lowering kit-dsc00030.jpg  

Quick Reply: Rear lowering kit