Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electical Issues 03 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 01:58 PM
TobisHD
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electical Issues 03 Ultra

Hey everyone, this site has given me answers to every problem I have run into with my bike. It has also made me aware of other things that I need to look out for. But this problem is not like any other. Here goes...back in June I was leaving work, turned on my ignition, hit the run button, then the starter, and the whole bike went dead. Turned the switch off and back on and the same thing happened. I could turn the switch to ACC and everything would work as it should. Back to on then nothing. I trailered it home and got to noticing if I jiggled the ignition switch everything would work again, but still when I hit the starter, it would go dead. I could repeat this process many times. Classic example of bad ignition switch. So bought a new one and plugged it in and here's what I have...lights (with brake light constant on), speedometer, tachometer, horn and the security system. That's it, nothing else. I did unplug the radio to make it easier to reach the ignition plug. I did not touch anything else! I also disconnected the negative battery cable before starting any of this. I even plugged the bad ignition switch back in and could jiggle it to make it work, but still just had all the things I described above. When I say that's all I have I mean it, nothing else works. I loaded it up and took it to a shop close to me they couldn't fix it. Took it to a shop a few miles from me, with two certified HD mechanics, and they said the ECM is good, the TSSM module is good and for me to come get it and replace the wiring harness. They said that is where they would start. Unfortunately I don't have the money to do that with no guarantees. Any ideas? I'm a great mechanic. I have built my own cars and bikes. I can do anything but an automatic trans, and i just don't want to is the only reason. So fire away, give me some good checking points. Thanks ahead of time.