Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EG vs RG Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 01:45 AM
JBA111
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG vs RG Headlights?

Hi guys, I was wondering if the duel headlight of the RG is noticeably better than the single EG headlight and pass lights system? I have silverstars in my Ultra and while better than stock they still leave alot to be desired when even compared to my old Pickups headlights. So how about it RG guys, How's the duel headlight system?? Thanks JB

Old 09-07-2006, 11:51 AM
StL Mike
Cruiser
Default RE: EG vs RG Headlights?

All I can say is that when I hit the switch for my RG's high beams, I throw a lot of light. At least to me it's a lot of light, I don't have anything to compare it to.
Mike

Old 09-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Swamp Fox
Road Captain

I don't have anything to compare to either, but I think it would depend on how you mean better. I think the RG's dual lights probably throw more light down on the road, but I feel the EG's headlight/pass light set-up would be more visible to cagers. Again, I'm just guessing....

Old 09-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

I like my dual headlights on the RG. They are definitely brighter. However, if you do go with the RG, replacing the bulbs can be expensive and time consuming. In order to replace the bulb on the RG, the fairing has to be removed and part of the assembly has to be replaced. You can't replace just the bulb by itself (from what I've seen inside the fairing.) Anyone has more experience please feel free to correct me.

Thanks,
Kahuna

ORIGINAL: JBA111

Hi guys, I was wondering if the duel headlight of the RG is noticeably better than the single EG headlight and pass lights system? I have silverstars in my Ultra and while better than stock they still leave alot to be desired when even compared to my old Pickups headlights. So how about it RG guys, How's the duel headlight system?? Thanks JB

Old 09-08-2006, 02:02 AM
JBA111
Road Captain

Well by more light I meant that the EG on low beam you usually have the low beam of 55W and then the passing lamps of 35w each, whereas the low beam on the RG is two 55w headlamps. So it'a 110W for the RG and 125w fro the EG on low beam. On high bean it's 60W for the EG and 120w for the EG on high beam.
So on low beam it seems the EG would have a slight edge, but on hi beam the RG would have two of the EG headlights shinning oout there, and that would be a major improvement on lighting up the road way out there!! And even if you set the passing lamps to on with the hi beams they arn't going to be aimed forward like two hi beams are.
It would be nice to compare the two stock systems side by side at night. We got very very few RG arround here so how about some of you RG guys trying this and letting us know . Thanks JB

Old 09-08-2006, 02:15 AM
pointswhat
Road Captain

[quote]ORIGINAL: Kahuna

I like my dual headlights on the RG. They are definitely brighter. However, if you do go with the RG, replacing the bulbs can be expensive and time consuming. In order to replace the bulb on the RG, the fairing has to be removed and part of the assembly has to be replaced. You can't replace just the bulb by itself (from what I've seen inside the fairing.) Anyone has more experience please feel free to correct me.

Thanks,
Kahuna

[quote]

Not true! While you do have to remove the fairing to access them you replace just the bulb. I stepped them up to silverstars then up to HID and let me tell you I rarely hit the high beam anymore.