Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From Deadhorse Down

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 05:47 AM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Incredible, as others have mentioned I personally wouldn't have the ***** to ride through south america like that!

Old 09-13-2010, 06:28 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Ghost Rider

Originally Posted by msnell
Awesome read. I admire his desire and commitment. If anyone has read his blog and enjoyed it you should really pick up the book "ghost rider" by Neil Pert, the drummer from rush. Excellent read only wish he had more pictures on his journey which covered over 50k miles. Thank you for sharing this and pass along my best wishes.
Yes, I read this too. It was a good book.

Not for everyone..

Old 09-13-2010, 07:46 AM
trailey97
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtbottles
I failed to mention that Lenny plans to travel from the Northernmost "town" in North America to the Southernmost "Town" in South America....and Back to Jersey.

The southernmost town is mentioned in his blog. Somewhere in Argentina.

if im not mistaking point barrow is farther north than prudhoe bay/ deadhorse alaska.
i just got finished on a job north of deadhorse workin on the north slope and i remember the flight attendant sayin we are gettin ready to head north to point barrow and then back south to anchorage.... not tryin to call you out... hes gonna love ridin up there, especially this time of year. although its still cold as a witches tit that far north. hope he stays safe especially once he crosses the border into mexico tell him to stay away from nuevo laredo...hear its really bad for drug cartels

Old 09-13-2010, 08:02 AM
keyskruiser
Cruiser
Cool Go for it!

The Southernmost city he is heading to is Ushuaia, Argentina. I made this trip in 2005. I started in Key West and did it backwards going to Ushuaia first, then returning to Key West via Prudhoe Bay Alaska. The trip is 95% paved, if he sticks to the Panamerican Hwy. He will have to transport himself and his bike across the Darien Gap at the end of the road in Panama, Central America. He will have to go on from there by boat, or plane, as there is no road that is passable.

I will say, that I never felt threatened, or in any danger on the whole trip. He certainly will have no trouble with the ride ability wise however, as many of you have noticed, it takes TIME, and MONEY. I was on the road for 122 days, covering 33,000 miles, and the trip cost was around $30,000.

I wish him the best of luck completing his journey and encourage anyone who dreams about a trip like this to do it. All it takes is focus and determination, oh yeah, don't forget about the TIME and MONEY.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Jags93
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by msnell
Awesome read. I admire his desire and commitment. If anyone has read his blog and enjoyed it you should really pick up the book "ghost rider" by Neil Pert, the drummer from rush. Excellent read only wish he had more pictures on his journey which covered over 50k miles. Thank you for sharing this and pass along my best wishes.
I've been looking for the next book to read. I think you found it for me!
Thanks!

Old 09-13-2010, 09:07 AM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Another good read on this subject is "Two Wheels Through Terror" by Glenn Heggstad. Tells a very different tale of his journey through Columbia....this guy has brass *****! If you haven't read it, it's a must. I will say no more.

Hopefully your friend has a safe trip....will be following his journey.