Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG TUNES

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 12:14 PM
PosseRider
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: HOG TUNES

If you really want em look on ebay http://search.ebay.com/search/search...itle=hog+tunes. But after reading posts on here about having to replace speakers ,I decided not to get them.

Old 09-13-2006, 12:15 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

YES! The Hogtunes are definitely worth it. I had "upgraded" from stock to the J & M speakers (before I knew about Hogtunes) and got a little improvement over stock. But the installation of Hogtunes made a believer out of me. The clarity and separation of highs, mids and lows (to the extent they can be transmitted without a big box around the speaker) is a significant improvement over the J & M's -- and a vast improvement over stock! Being an audiophile, it has finally made the inclusion of tunes on my bike worthwhile. Before, I usually ended up turning off the radio/CD because it just became an additional source of noise, as there wasn't any clarity or distinction in the music. But that has all changed, and it also makes a difference in how you set the balance: max bass setting, just a little over 1/2 on the treble, and one or two notches more for the rear speakers than the fronts will give you much better sound response than if it is all driving at you from the front speakers.

Just my $.02, but it has made a great difference in the enjoyment of my music on my bike.

Old 09-13-2006, 08:32 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!

Old 09-14-2006, 12:50 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

Big difference at highway speeds, much cleaner/clearer sound.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:38 AM
SxysCowboy
Cruiser

i got pulled over and 150 dollar fine for my radio being too loud....i was traveling 65 down the 4 lane.. cant imagine any louder but i would sure like it!!!! terrorize that stupid cop

Old 09-14-2006, 02:22 AM
Devil Dog
Tourer

Hey Sxyscowboy..........don't know if I would have written a citation for the offense or not. But I do have a question: If you are committing a violation of a traffic statute and get a citation, how does that make the cop stupid? Just curious.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:38 PM
SxysCowboy
Cruiser

well you tell me... 65mph down a state highway, stereo at half volume, out in the county, and the CITY cops writes me up on a CITY ordinance. now i went to the judge and asked what could be done and he laughed so hard at the fact i was cited for a noise ordinance in the county... and what he found funniest was a stereo noise ordinance on a motorcycle,. i got off.... and if you lived here then you would know that the city cops here are only cops cause they were too lazy to hold jobs anywhere else...... i know this cause i went to school with the lot of them.....hence the word STUPID

Old 09-14-2006, 09:46 PM
SMenasco
Road Master

Well, all of you, including Pez, convinced me. They're on order.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/65B64D7F9EC84AD8B9E92B511B185712.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-15-2006, 10:55 AM
rollover
Road Captain

I agree with Bryan on the distortion over half volume. Below that they are great. Anyone have any suggestions on an amp for an 06 Ultra? Would love to get a bit more sound out of the system. My Molly Hatchet and Metallica cds like to be played loud.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:54 PM
barryflhx
Novice

Big difference at highway speeds, much cleaner/clearer sound.
Exactly what I noticed.......Big Improvement!

Quick Reply: HOG TUNES