Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whos got a Pro Pipe QUIET BAFFLE??

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 09:08 PM
flattracker60
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone??

Old 11-08-2010, 09:19 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just got my new pro-pipe and haven't even pulled it out of the box yet, thanks to working graveyards and sleeping. But if the quiet baffles for this pipe are anything like the quiet baffles I put in my V & H big shots, don't waste your money, they weren't much different and actually made the bike sound odd. Maybe the 2-1 baffle is different and better and for over $90, they better be an improvement.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:40 PM
PearlFXDF
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Released

Well, it looks like V&H released the quiet baffle after many months of wait time. I installed the quiet baffle tonight and will give it a test tomorrow. So all of you that have one on order, hold your breath, it might be at your door step soon!

Old 12-01-2010, 01:27 AM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

Installed mine Friday - makes a noticeable difference. Changes both volume and tone. Haven't had time to ride it yet, just fired it up to make sure it was working...

Old 01-15-2011, 10:23 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,779 Likes on 1,572 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011 Road Glide Ultra
Installed mine Friday - makes a noticeable difference. Changes both volume and tone. Haven't had time to ride it yet, just fired it up to make sure it was working...
How is this quiet baffle working out for you? I'm still thinking about getting one...

lp

Old 01-15-2011, 10:40 AM
tmors424
Intermediate

I've got the V&H quite baffles in my Big Shot Longs. Main reason I got them is long haul trips. My ears would ring after long rides with streight pipes. I still love the sound of a loud big twin but, after all the years of riding my hearing is starting to go. The Quiet baffles still give you the deep rumble but, take away the high pitch rasp sound. I love them and would highly recomend them. I know some will call folks using baffles p*&%ys but, I think they sound great. I get complements all the time on how good my bike sounds and what did I do to make it sound that way. When I them I installed V&H Quiet baffles, they cant beleave it. Just shairing my experiance, hope it helps.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:33 AM
tmors424
Intermediate

JonnyD- I think the difference is in V&H pipes that utilize the cross-over design
like the Pro Pipe or Big Shot Long. The styling of the pipe is totally different but the similiarity is in the cross over. You are right, I have seen and heard them in Long Shots and they sound totally different.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:50 AM
rharris612
6th Gear

Buddy of mine and I put Rhinehart true duals on at Sturgis. They shipped quiet baffles out n/c the following Monday. Gerald Rhinehart told us if they aren't quiet enough wrap the baffles with baffle wrap. After talking to some of their guys they say if they are still to loud open the baffle perforations and use the baffle wrap. The quieter the baffle the smaller diameter they are. Might apply to what you are doing. I really like the sound of the true duals with baffle wrap. Power increase and sound are great. After all day on the road it isn't bad. Usually wear a helmet with headset anyway so we can discuss beer stops anyway.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:50 PM
big6x6
Tourer

I have the ProPipe on my SG...installed the quiet baffle.. Well it REALLY quiets it down.... at IDLE....just as loud as ever at speed. And I have to say at idle it sounds down right GOOFY. Sound QUALITY is really decreased at all engine speeds. It may be a LITTLE more tolerable at speed but not MUCH difference. IMO...Wasted money...

Standard baffle TOP...quiet baffle BOTTOM

Old 01-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,081 Likes on 1,514 Posts

Originally Posted by flattracker60
Just a bump to see if ANYONE has SEEN a quiet baffle?????
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...uctId=p4405640

http://www.amazon.com/Vance-Hines-Qu.../dp/B000GTUEL0

http://www.amazon.com/Vance-Hines-Op.../dp/B003DZWX7C

Last edited by Buckinfitch; 01-15-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Whos got a Pro Pipe QUIET BAFFLE??