Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing stock seat: need thoughts on 2 options

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 07:11 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have had Corbin's on all 4 of my touring bikes -- love their seats -- their customer service sucked big time in 06 and has not gotten better.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:32 AM
brunswickoh
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the mustang three piece (comes with a rider backrest) and I like it a lot- Have about 15k miles on it with no complaints.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:38 AM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on C&C!

Old 11-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by riteway
Love my Sundowner...Just my .02...
Good luck on you search..............o~`o.......................... ..................

The problem with this option is the fact it's a one piece 2 up seat. I DO NOT want a one piece two up. My wife won't ride with me often and I don't want a two up seat on my bike the whole time b/c I don't like the look. If I had a tour pack permanently on all the time, it'd be a different story.

I suppose I'll check out C&C again due to the recommendations, but it seems like I ruled them out for some reason before. Comfort and looks are equally important to me and I know they make some great looking seats, just don't know about comfort.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:51 AM
Gadgetech
Club Member

Originally Posted by FDHOG
Had a DG on my Fatboy. Very well made. Comfortable once broken in. Took a long time to break in. Had no Gel.
Are you going to get one for Black Betty or go with something else?

Old 11-18-2010, 08:11 AM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the look of the Danny Gray "Big Seat" for Street Glides and Road Glide Customs. I bought the Big Seat on recommendations from others, and I never sat in one. First impression is that it's kinda hard, although so is Corbin. I bought it late in the season so I didn't get a chance to do any road trips, but I have been in the Big Seat for 6 hours with no problems. I'm 6'3''/185 lbs and I think it's very comfortable.

It sits you low and really gives you that feeling of sitting "IN" the motorcycle as opposed to some touring seats that make you feel that you're sitting "ON" the bike.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Gadgetech
Club Member

Originally Posted by one-up
I like the look of the Danny Gray "Big Seat" for Street Glides and Road Glide Customs. I bought the Big Seat on recommendations from others, and I never sat in one. First impression is that it's kinda hard, although so is Corbin. I bought it late in the season so I didn't get a chance to do any road trips, but I have been in the Big Seat for 6 hours with no problems. I'm 6'3''/185 lbs and I think it's very comfortable.

It sits you low and really gives you that feeling of sitting "IN" the motorcycle as opposed to some touring seats that make you feel that you're sitting "ON" the bike.

Hope this helps.
Great feedback.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:07 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

I've never ridden a solo Corbin, but I've done 14-15 hour days on my Dual Tour. Hands down the most comfortable seat I've ever used. The C&C on my Night Train doesn't compare favorably at all as far as comfort is concerned.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had both, DG and Corbin seats on a couple different bikes. Outstanding quality for either one. However seat fit/comfort is so difficult to predict for someone. What's a perfect seat for me could be miserable for you and vice versa. You can only try them and see if it fits you. Sell it on the forum here cuz plenty of members here will snap it up if it doesn't happen to fit you.

I'm running the DG solo Big Seat for the past few months and it's been comfortable for me. I haven't had it on a long trip though. I ride just over an hour each way to work each day and have logged 100 mile runs on it no problem. But can't say how it would be after 10-12 hrs cuz haven't done it on this seat.

Corbin seats are HARD/FIRM to say the least, but if it fits you properly it's perfectly comfortable for many hours a day. Other guys here can't spend 15 minutes in a Corbin without being miserable. Just varies from rider to rider.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone. In regards to the C&C, the pillion they offer isn't nearly as wide as Corbin or DG and it has suction cups on the bottom of it which I don't think I like, seems chintzy besides those suction cups will be absolutely useless after being smushed flat for several hours. Corbin and DG have the same supplier according to DG but DGs foam is softer.

Quick Reply: Replacing stock seat: need thoughts on 2 options