Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DNA Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 10:46 AM
RollinBgr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DNA Rotors

Anyone use the superspoke chrome rotors and remain quite when braking?

I've read that several users have them on their rides on this forum and have no issues.

What brake pad type & caliper you use if they are quite?

Mine's quite except when I apply the brakes...dual front, and single rear.

thanks.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:52 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I'll be keeping an eye on this post.I plan on odering a set in the New Year.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:02 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

I ran the DNA super spoke rotors front and rear with Lyndall Gold pads, the front never squealed, the rear doesn't 98% of the time, the other 2% it will get a soft squeal when I first hit them and then as I continue to apply the brake it quits squealing

Old 11-21-2010, 11:22 AM
oldguy1946
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the DNA rotors with lyndall Z pads and Permatex disk brake piston grease on the caliper pistons. I have no noise when the brakes are applied. The piston grease allows the pistons to extend and retract without sticking. This also eleminates the brake pulsing that a lot of guys attribute to rotors being warped. Mine also pulsed until I cleaned the pistons and then applied the grease around the outside perimeter of the pistons.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:33 PM
rklew
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have them on the front of my 09 RK, they squealed all the time at first, but now they only do it once in a while.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:40 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

If you want super spokes I recommend the Ride Wright 2 piece Klassic rotors which are very similar and a lot less likely to squeal. I no longer deal with DNA due to their poor quality products and lack of customer service. And they still owe me money.

I even went out of my way to go to their facility and meet everyone in person as I knew I would be dealing with them, and as soon as a problem arose, everything changed. Pass me around the phone from one person to another and on and on. Never again.

Drew

Old 11-21-2010, 01:45 PM
KING'S RIDE
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine had a pretty bed squeal at first, but over time it has lessened. i think it has to do with not changing ther pads when changing rotors, or maybe the rotors needing to be broken in.

I don't know. just know it isn't as bad now as it was when i first put them on.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:30 PM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had dna's on my roadstar, they only would do that damn hummmmmmmm/vibration crap when it was wet or damp out, other wise quite - ebc HH pads.

when i went to the hd floating - it never did it.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:16 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
If you want super spokes I recommend the Ride Wright 2 piece Klassic rotors which are very similar and a lot less likely to squeal. I no longer deal with DNA due to their poor quality products and lack of customer service. And they still owe me money.

I even went out of my way to go to their facility and meet everyone in person as I knew I would be dealing with them, and as soon as a problem arose, everything changed. Pass me around the phone from one person to another and on and on. Never again.

Drew
I looked at the 2 piece Klassic rotors on the Phat site.They are a lot more costly than the DNA super spoke,300 vs 100.I guess you get what you pay for.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:04 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

DNA products are fine, I ran the Mammoth spoke with no issues , the quality is good, their customer service is terrible and that is why many vendors do not sell them anymore, of coarse when they don't sale them then they say the quality is terrible because they are cheaper, I've had American Wire Wheel ,Ride Wright and DNA, the quality was very similar, customer service they are the worst by far
Originally Posted by dansflhti
I looked at the 2 piece Klassic rotors on the Phat site.They are a lot more costly than the DNA super spoke,300 vs 100.I guess you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: DNA Rotors