Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new magazine "Urban Bagger "

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 03:44 PM
mslater741
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default new magazine "Urban Bagger "

bought a copy of new magazine called Urban Bagger today....nice pics and articles....pretty cool baggers if you like the racked, big wheel type...not much for touring bikes , but fun to look at.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:07 PM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah its kinda of a off shoot of the american bagger mag. Most of the mags out there are all geared towards big wheels, paint, and raked out fronts. Alot of yaffe, arlen ness, klockwerks stuff. I think it just shows that people "tour" on alot of diff stuff. The great thing about it the people who dont like it dont have to buy it. But Im pretty sure that there will be some post about big wheels and stuff like that are for the hood and you cant travel across country with that type of bike, or if they had a 21" they would be afraid to travel out of state cause they cant find a tire.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I like the way some folks really do up their baggers. I prefer to have something more streetable but I love to see what some people come up with. A real work of art some of them are.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:51 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I got an a subscription to it, my friends and I ride our Big Wheel Baggers everywhere -- my lil Brother who is in the Kings of Cali MC all ride their bikes everywhere instate and out of state -- 2yrrs ago a large group of them rode from Cali to GA big wheels, motor and loud azz paint -and music blasting---in most Urban Clubs you ride it to the event--maybe race it -- and ride it home -- no trailer queens allowed--just a side note if you ride your bike out of town and are going to race it -- make sure you have a back up plan to get you and the bike home -- don't ask me how I know

Last edited by lkr0; 12-18-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 236 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by lkr0
I got an a subscription to it, my friends and I ride our Big Wheel Baggers everywhere -- my lil Brother who is in the Kings of Cali MC all ride their bikes everywhere instate and out of state -- 2yrrs ago a large group of them rode from Cali to GA big wheels, motor and loud azz paint -and music blasting---in most Urban Clubs you ride it to the event--maybe race it -- and ride it home -- no trailer queens allowed--just a side note if you ride your bike out of town and are going to race it -- make sure you have a back up plan to get you and the bike home -- don't ask me how I know
Hey Lyn - Have you got your first issue yet? I subscribed when I saw the ad in another mag, but haven't got my first one yet.

I agree on touring with a 21" etc. I'm not afraid to go anywhere on my bike. I got the big wheel, high compression motor, stereo is coming next month. If you don't ride them wherever you want to go, why have them.

Zach

Old 12-18-2010, 06:55 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have not gotten the Mag yet -- still waiting -- I'm sure I'll see a lot or west coast rides in there --
Originally Posted by Biggzed
Hey Lyn - Have you got your first issue yet? I subscribed when I saw the ad in another mag, but haven't got my first one yet.

I agree on touring with a 21" etc. I'm not afraid to go anywhere on my bike. I got the big wheel, high compression motor, stereo is coming next month. If you don't ride them wherever you want to go, why have them.

Zach

Old 12-18-2010, 07:37 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Although I like the traditional tourer with sleeper power to ride I do love what some of these guys do to their rides. The ideas they come up with are pretty ingenious and they run down issues along teh way to the nth detail this only helps all of us in the long run.

I just bought a Charger R/T and been going over to Carol city to get some ideas, these are urban dudes with not a lot of money doing some really neat stuff that matches what we do to our bikes.

Is there a link to this mag?

Old 12-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Owen
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a copy off the news stand myself. Soul Rydah (I think that is how they spell it) is another one that has been around for a while. And by the way- I put a little over 400 miles on my RK with a 26" on the front today !

Old 12-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 236 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by lkr0
I have not gotten the Mag yet -- still waiting -- I'm sure I'll see a lot or west coast rides in there --
I should have went to the mail box instead of wasting time online. It was there. Hope you get your soon. It looks pretty good. Some wild bikes. 21" wheels are no longer "big".

Zach

Old 12-19-2010, 07:14 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Here is the website, looks like its still being built so I will look for a newsstand that might carry it, not an easy task finding one here in Miami.

http://urbanbagger.com/

Quick Reply: new magazine "Urban Bagger "