Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide handlebar options

Old 02-04-2011, 10:00 PM
porkchopsd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doc,
Could the bars be pulled down and closer to the rider so as to not interfere so much with the faring mirrors, I wonder if you could use the MOCO fairing mirrors that have the build in curved mirrors, they are a little wider, those you have look wider too. Are those speakers glowing? those are very cool, I need to get those too, WTF, it just never ends does it.

Last edited by porkchopsd; 02-04-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:46 AM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porkchopsd
Doc,
Could the bars be pulled down and closer to the rider so as to not interfere so much with the faring mirrors, I wonder if you could use the MOCO fairing mirrors that have the build in curved mirrors, they are a little wider, those you have look wider too. Are those speakers glowing? those are very cool, I need to get those too, WTF, it just never ends does it.
LOL nope never ends.

Those LED lights are from J&M cost $215.00 bucks. I have a friend who bought some rope light from Walmart for 6 bucks and it worked but does not look anywhere near as good as mine and I can change colors with a flick of a switch. hehe

As for the bars, yes, you could adjust so they lay flatter, which I attempted, problems were its not as comfortable, the stock size break line was to short and if you have internal wiring it's a problem when you try and adjust the handlebar switches cause the wire won't allow you to turn them too far from their intended/normal position.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:55 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Jg5884
Thanks for the input. I have two questions that I would love to have answered from anyone that has the 575's. Does the height of the bar interfear with the visibility of the fairing mirrors at all and are the bars, too wide. Initially I'm looking for pull back only, if I can find such a bar.
About half the mirror is still usable with the fairing mirros. I never did like the fairing mirrors for vision, so I put on handle bar mounted mirrors.

They aren't to wide, in fact I really love the wider bars. It was a nice surprise for me.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:35 PM
porkchopsd
Tourer

thanks doc, I haven't installed my bars yet, understand what you mean with the wires I am having a real problem with having to install mirrors on the bars, I love the look of the mirrors mounted to the faring, just flows right with the lines of the bike imo. looking at chrome front ends, don't know if I want to go with the hidden axle or not. nice problem to have.....

Old 02-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Flash62
Intermediate

I'm in the process of installing Wild Ones 575's now. I can already tell I'm going to love these bars!

Old 02-06-2011, 09:15 AM
badger34
Cruiser
Received 248 Likes on 63 Posts

xxxxx

Last edited by badger34; 05-24-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Jg5884
Intermediate

Porkchopsd - where can I see those MOC mirrors? Going to try Khrome Werks 300315 and wild 1 wo575, next week, to see which bar feels better. Hopefully one will block the mirror less than the other, but comfort will ultimately rule. Seems like these are two of the most popular bars out there, although it appears the 575's are better quality. I don't know if I'll see much difference, since most of the bar is covered by the fairing.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:02 PM
aaazdaddy
Road Captain
Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by DocHarley
LOL nope never ends.

Those LED lights are from J&M cost $215.00 bucks. I have a friend who bought some rope light from Walmart for 6 bucks and it worked but does not look anywhere near as good as mine and I can change colors with a flick of a switch. hehe

As for the bars, yes, you could adjust so they lay flatter, which I attempted, problems were its not as comfortable, the stock size break line was to short and if you have internal wiring it's a problem when you try and adjust the handlebar switches cause the wire won't allow you to turn them too far from their intended/normal position.
Been looking at these for a while and about ready to pull the trigger and have them installed at the same time with my painted inner fairing. Don't have shorter than average arms, but would like to sit more upright and not slouch, as my lower back and shoulders ache and would like to lean back a little on my back rest (I've got it as forward as it can go and it is still not enough...). Think these will do the trick. Look pretty cool too...

I do NOT want to lay them flatter. That said, will all my stock wiring, cables work (2010 FLHTCU)?

Old 02-09-2011, 05:47 PM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aaazdaddy
Been looking at these for a while and about ready to pull the trigger and have them installed at the same time with my painted inner fairing. Don't have shorter than average arms, but would like to sit more upright and not slouch, as my lower back and shoulders ache and would like to lean back a little on my back rest (I've got it as forward as it can go and it is still not enough...). Think these will do the trick. Look pretty cool too...

I do NOT want to lay them flatter. That said, will all my stock wiring, cables work (2010 FLHTCU)?
On my 2010 FLHX, everything will reach except the clutch cable. I got one 4" longer.

Some people have stated they used the stock one but you will need to re-route and pull the hell out of it to work.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:57 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash62
I'm in the process of installing Wild Ones 575's now. I can already tell I'm going to love these bars!
+++1, I have the 575's on my Ultra, one of the best mods for comfort!!! Can't comment to the fairing mounted mirrors but they work fantastic with the bar mounted mirrors

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Street Glide handlebar options