Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour pack question for 2011 streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by CigarCritic
Red arrows points to holes I had to drill for the older tour pak rack Model # 53276-04.

Blue arrows point to "factory holes" that I "did not have to drill" in order to mount Model # 53276-09A.

I did purchase the new tour pak late 2010 so maybe the factory holes are new to the model? Also, I did not need that plate Texas is referring to. I'm not sure what it does?
Cigar Critic,

Thanks for the picture. You purchased an '09 and newer tour pak (so it had the new mounting holes) and you had to add the "old" holes to use the pre-'09 rack. The plate referenced by TFB is unique to the chopped tour pak mounted on an '09 or newer rack; the chopped has a heavily molded bottom (unlike '06 and newer King and Ultra tour paks that have a flat bottom) and needs the bar to provide a flat surface for mounting on an '09 or newer rack; the plate wasn't needed for mounting on '08 and older racks because those used the U-tube.

The newer tour paks use four holes to mount; the older tour paks use 5 holes; the extra hole is the most rearward and centered between the other pair of holes for attaching the rear of the tour pak to the U-tube.

Carl

Old 04-09-2011, 03:20 AM
jerbean
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a problem with the tour pak I just got. I bought it from my buddy that owns the Harley shop. It has the tube type bottom. I had it painted with my inner fairing, and the Harley shop put it on the 2010 street glide bracket. The problem is that they shoved the bracket back against the rear of the u shape and mounted it there. The bracket sticks out from under the tour pak in the front by 2-3 in. The tour pak looks like it is sticking too far out past the rear wheel. I dont like the way the bracket sticks forward and the way the tour pack hangs back. will the spacer fix this to get the bracket to mount over the top of the u channel?

Old 04-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Picture's worth a thousand words.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:35 AM
jerbean
Novice

Here is some pics to show what I am talking about.

Attached Thumbnails Tour pack question for 2011 streetglide-0409011119.jpg   Tour pack question for 2011 streetglide-0409011119a.jpg   Tour pack question for 2011 streetglide-0409011120.jpg  
Old 04-09-2011, 12:29 PM
jerbean
Novice

I want the plate to be all the way under the tour pak and the pak blockes it from sliding back any farther.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:07 AM
owen06
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jerbean
I want the plate to be all the way under the tour pak and the pak blockes it from sliding back any farther.
I am having the same issue. I am putting an older TP on a newer mount. The ridge gets in the way unless you mount it like you have it, which seems weird.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:17 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

With a ten day tour coming up it got me to thinking how it would be nice to have a tourpak on my StreetGlide. I have a 2010 StreetGlide with the four-point detachables hardware for a passenger backrest and an Airwing luggage rack. What are my options for a tourpak with this setup already installed? I gather I will have to purchase a tourpak of my choice (King, Razor, etc) as well as a mounting rack? Is there a rack that will use my detachables setup? Local dealership parts dept was no help and all they told me was "Its expensive." Have looked thru the catalog but am confused as to whats what and whats needed. Some help please?

thanks!

Old 08-17-2011, 11:08 AM
2011RoadKing
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hoethree,
something could probably be rigged to work there, but to do it right you need to remove your detachable backrest and rack, then add the detachable tourpack mount. either 53276-09a for two up riding or the 53260-09a for solo riding. you then add a pad to the tourpack for either you or your passenger depending on how you mounted the pack

the tour pack mount retails for $179, the pads are around 130-150, and the factory painted tour packs retail from 750-950 or more depending on color options. you can buy cheaper at zanottis or keep an eye on here or ebay. if you can paint or get it painted locally you could buy used and match yourself way cheaper.

Last edited by 2011RoadKing; 08-17-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:41 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011RoadKing
hoethree,
something could probably be rigged to work there, but to do it right you need to remove your detachable backrest and rack, then add the detachable tourpack mount. either 53276-09a for two up riding or the 53260-09a for solo riding. you then add a pad to the tourpack for either you or your passenger depending on how you mounted the pack

the tour pack mount retails for $179, the pads are around 130-150, and the factory painted tour packs retail from 750-950 or more depending on color options. you can buy cheaper at zanottis or keep an eye on here or ebay. if you can paint or get it painted locally you could buy used and match yourself way cheaper.
Thanks RoadKing, I knew there had to be a way. Yes, I would remove the detachable passenger backrest and the Airwing luggage rack. I just would then need the detachable tourpak mounting rack, tourpak of choice, and pad or no pad. I am just wanting this for when I tour and not everyday riding. Wouldnt even care if it were colormatched to my bike or not as I am viewing it as a luggage item only. Gonna go thumb thru the catalog now. Thanks!

Old 08-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by owen06
I am having the same issue. I am putting an older TP on a newer mount. The ridge gets in the way unless you mount it like you have it, which seems weird.
See TexasFatBoy's reply above; it shows the spacer you need that goes under the front of the tour pak.

Carl

Quick Reply: Tour pack question for 2011 streetglide