Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome hand lever recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 11:39 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fiv_oh_po_po
Drag Specialties = SUCK!!!

I put them on the first week of June and the chrome is already flaking off...

I contacted the e*Bay Seller (EasternPerformance) in hopes of getting a replacement...

We Will See What Happens...

RON
Harley may have their accessories way over priced, But you can't find much better chrome than what they have, especially in the levers and switch kits. You get what you pay for.

I'm currently completely chroming out my FLHT right now and just bought the harley levers for this very reason. I'm sure their are others out there that are good also.

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 09-11-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:10 AM
rgrecco
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Drag Specialties = SUCK!!!

I put them on the first week of June and the chrome is already flaking off...

I contacted the e*Bay Seller (EasternPerformance) in hopes of getting a replacement...

We Will See What Happens...

RON
Well... I am happy to say that the people of EASTERN PERFORMANCE are AWESOME...

I wasn't too far from their showroom so I stopped by with the levers and they replaced them on the spot for NO CHARGE...

A+ Customer Service...

If you are looking for accessories on e*Bay be sure to check out their store... Prices are AWESOME and SERVICE IS TOP NOTCH...

Here is a link to their e*Bay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/easternperformancecycles

Hope the set I had was just a FLUKE and that the new set holds up... They said they have sold 28 of them over the last year and mine are the ONLY ONES which had this problem...

RON

Old 09-15-2011, 09:30 AM
rebelroy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got mine from hill country custom cycles. Real good so far.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:07 AM
JC Turbo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well... I am happy to say that the people of EASTERN PERFORMANCE are AWESOME...

I wasn't too far from their showroom so I stopped by with the levers and they replaced them on the spot for NO CHARGE...

A+ Customer Service...

If you are looking for accessories on e*Bay be sure to check out their store... Prices are AWESOME and SERVICE IS TOP NOTCH...

Here is a link to their e*Bay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/easternperformancecycles

Hope the set I had was just a FLUKE and that the new set holds up... They said they have sold 28 of them over the last year and mine are the ONLY ONES which had this problem...

RON
I agree with you 150% on Eastern Performance customer service. Doesnt get any better. With that said I also have Chrome levers from Drag Specialties and they suck. Chrome has been peeling since they were a few months old. Unfortunately I bought them through a local indy and he was unable to do anything. Like it was said earlier, you get what you pay for!

Old 06-10-2013, 06:43 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Getting ready to put the HD chrome clutch & brake levers on my 2011 Street Glide.

Do I actually have to drain & remove the front master cylinder, per the instructions, or can I just get away with pulling the pin and sliding the new chrome lever in?

Thanks

Old 06-11-2013, 09:39 AM
jefla
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have RSD Regulators http://www.rolandsands.com/products/...t-Contrast-Cut. ~$160/pair. As of about 6 months ago they were the only adjustible levers for an FL. (Freaking amazing to me thet we are not given mucho options on adjustible levers.) The adjustibility is fantastic, fit is pretty good, and look is excellent, but the design has too much play. The play does not bother me when I'm riding but it could be easily corrected by some attention to detail and a few Delrin spacers.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:13 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by drspencer

Do I actually have to drain & remove the front master cylinder, per the instructions, or can I just get away with pulling the pin and sliding the new chrome lever in?

Thanks
You don't have to drain anything. Just make sure you don't break the brake light switch when removing or installing. You have to loosen the clam shell and slide something in behind the lever so it doesn't snap off the end of the brake light switch.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:21 AM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,431 Likes on 1,397 Posts
Arrow got them on both bikes!

Originally Posted by shadowchaser
I have the Kuryakyn Trigger Levers on mine. I also had them on a previous bike. They look good and give you a little more leverage.
I think I paid about $60.00 a pair from Dennis Kirk. They look good years down the road. I have Arthritis in my hands and they really help!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,905 Likes on 21,507 Posts

Kuryakyn Nude lady levers on my glide and my last bike a softail, and not one issue with them in the years that I've had them, but it's your $$$$.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KURYAKYN-104...082caa&vxp=mtr

Old 06-11-2013, 11:44 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Just installed the Kuryakyn trigger levers on mine bout 2 wks ago. Love the look and fit. Feels a lot better than the OEM too.