Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pump no power after battery replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Boozer
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump no power after battery replacement

Hey guys,
Need advice again....replaced my battery on my '09 Ultra last night....after replacing everything, turned on ignition and everything turned on - so I thought. After cleaning everything before riding this morning, I jumped on ready to ride, turned on ignition and noticed I didn't hear the fuel pump come on...after checking fuses under seat, no problems found. Took off fuse block cover, checked fuel pump fuse (fuse not blow and switched with another to check) and no power into fuse block....everthing else seems to work fine.

Help!!

Old 03-20-2011, 12:53 AM
2008RKC08
Cruiser

This is gonna sound silly maybe but have you checked the kill switch on the handle bar?

Old 03-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Boozer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2008RKC08
This is gonna sound silly maybe but have you checked the kill switch on the handle bar?
I didn't check but the bike turns over without cranking up and everything else comes on....just fuel pump is not working....

Quite a few views of this posting but only 1 reply....must be an unusual situation??

Old 03-20-2011, 09:31 AM
2008RKC08
Cruiser

One thing you could do is with the bike powered up ready to start, wiggle wires and connectors in and around battery compartment working your way towards fuse block. Then from under the console were the plug for the fuel pump is work back to fuse back. It's only four wires going to fuel pump with one being a ground. Hopefully all you did was bump a ground somewhere and loosened it.

P.S. do all lights and horn work?

Old 07-31-2013, 07:35 PM
gilfilent
Stage I
Default Same here

Originally Posted by Boozer
Hey guys,
Need advice again....replaced my battery on my '09 Ultra last night....after replacing everything, turned on ignition and everything turned on - so I thought. After cleaning everything before riding this morning, I jumped on ready to ride, turned on ignition and noticed I didn't hear the fuel pump come on...after checking fuses under seat, no problems found. Took off fuse block cover, checked fuel pump fuse (fuse not blow and switched with another to check) and no power into fuse block....everthing else seems to work fine.

Help!!
Same issue, what did you find out?

Old 07-31-2013, 08:10 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Boozer
Hey guys,

Help!!
Check the ECM fuse. The ECM is what sends a signal to the fuel-pump to turn on.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:17 PM
SkipCarey
Tourer

I had a V&H Fuel Pak go bad and it caused this exact issue if you have any aftermarket tuner plugged in try that..............