Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage bars on a street glide?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 08:57 PM
BenGurion
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heritage bars on a street glide?

I have a 2008 heritage and love the bar position. Its my favorite part of the bike. However, I am in love with the Street Glide, and recently while getting my bike serviced, i made the mistake and test rode a 2011 103..rode great. The only issue I have with the SG is the handlebar position.

I have read the posts on here about the wild 1 and PY monkey bars. No offense to those who have them, but im looking for something that looks less "extreme." Just want to get my arms to shoulder, or almost shoulder level. Would heritage style bars fit on the SG? I havent seen a single post mentioning that. Since I know there are more bar options for the RK, that might be an option. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by BenGurion; 05-26-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:40 PM
robertg
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The base of the bars is a lot wider on the batwing bikes. So the answer is no, they won't fit.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:47 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

if you look at the width where the heritage bars are at the risers, and then look at how wide the batwing equipped bars are, you'll see why they will not work. harley's pull back bars for the batwing equipped bikes, like the streetglide, are much like a wheelbarrow. i'm also looking for something mild that will bring the bars back a few inches. even being tall, i still feel like i'm reaching for the bars on my streetglide.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:52 PM
BenGurion
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by emwolb
if you look at the width where the heritage bars are at the risers, and then look at how wide the batwing equipped bars are, you'll see why they will not work. harley's pull back bars for the batwing equipped bikes, like the streetglide, are much like a wheelbarrow. i'm also looking for something mild that will bring the bars back a few inches. even being tall, i still feel like i'm reaching for the bars on my streetglide.
Yes, exactly. Im 6ft, and felt like i was reaching too low. Also didnt care for the wheelbarrel effect you mentioned. I prefer the straighter angle of the heritage bar.