Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baffles, stock replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Matt0987
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Baffles, stock replacement

Can the baffles in the stock mufflers be changed out so one can have better performance?

I happen to like the stock look. But, I am interested in changing things out to get better performance, mileage, a cooler running engine, etc.

I understand that the EPA has their job to do. I was considering just leaving the bike stock. But, if there is better performance, better mileage, and things I can do to make the engine run cooler I am interested.

I am not, at this time, interested in a cam change. Just some stage one improvements. Better air flow... I am guessing a K&N filter - a V&H power dual (It appears to be an "X" pipe in car talk) to remove the CAT (Yes, I have read on this forum that the CAT does not restrain the air flow. I am not sure how this can be. But, who knows.), and a Power Commander for tuning (It seems to be the choice I find most often recommended by this site and other internet locations).

But for the mufflers.... I am wondering if one can just adjust them for better flow and a deeper sound.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Terrabella
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes! And, one of our sponsors right here can do the job for you. Here is their web site;
http://www.americancustom.com/

Check out our sponsors on the right hand of this page and you will see their name listed.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Ganno57
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a better choice is the B & E Superflow mufflers. The baffles are not interchangeable but I don't remember the last time I wanted to change baffles. I just sent my mufflers to them for the Superflows with the 2.25" baffles. I had the 2.00" on a Road King I had and they were just a little too quiet for my taste. I have heard the 1.75" and would just leave them stock.

http://superflowmufflers.com/