Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DTC codes after decomp cams installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 07:20 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kingkingking
I dont think so, the EMS must be constantly talking to the ECM and reprogramming it to tune it.
Originally Posted by kingkingking

The EMS will have the parameters of the bike in it, no one local will be able to change them. Bugger.

Interesting point you raise. During research before settling on the RevPerf EMS, I recall reading somewhere that the EMS operating system is not "seen/monitored" by the HD Digital Technician, and operates separately from the needs of the HD ECM to monitor/adjust/etc.
e.g. I can turn on/off ETIMS, change password, etc. All a bit smoke and mirrors to me though..

In this case, as RevPerf have held their hand up to correct the error at their expense, I'll send it back to them.
I'm happy with their responses to my questions and the follow up has been positive. No issues with the company from me.

kingh-- thanks for your help with this one. Your input is appreciated. Hope to catch up with ya on the road someday-- first cold one's on me.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Glad you are having a positive experience with Rev Per cause I have one in the box waiting on the new FM header. I look forward to installing it on my 2010. My engine is stock, no cams yet.

BTW, why a two week turn-around? Fed Ex it to them overnight. They should get the ECM reflashed same day they receive it then shoot it back to you. Did they say two weeks?

Old 10-10-2011, 10:14 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
Glad you are having a positive experience with Rev Per cause I have one in the box waiting on the new FM header. I look forward to installing it on my 2010. My engine is stock, no cams yet.

BTW, why a two week turn-around? Fed Ex it to them overnight. They should get the ECM reflashed same day they receive it then shoot it back to you. Did they say two weeks?
We are both in Australia, so the 2 weeks is how long it takes to clear customs and freight in both directions.

Usually things I get sent from the states takes closer to 3 weeks one way....

Old 10-11-2011, 12:16 AM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe

Yeah I'm happy with the unit and the way it operates and it's an EZ install.
Main thing is to plan your wiring runs carefully. If you install it as they illustrate the wiring run it will look like spaghetti.

The rear cylinder is EZ to hide, the front is more difficult. I ran the front cylinder WB sensor wire and the small diameter control wire in a heat resistant flexible tubing and ran it parallel with the front spark plug wire (from the coil) till the center of the tank, then guided it through the under tank "channel" to the front of the tank, then zip tied it to the left downtube over the top of the stabilizer bar.
It's neat and tidy and can't be seen even if you look at the top of the rocker boxes from down low.
There are other ways to run it-- I found that way to be the best.

On the mail turnaround from Aussie to the States, I can get a package there via Australia Post in 6 or 7 days. If the return sender uses FedEx or UPS I can get it back from the States in 4-7 days ~~~ 14 days both ways....

I have a Q in with RevPerf to see if a Dealer can access the ECM 'switches' and will post results when it comes back.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:03 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior

UPDATE TO DTC 1655

Just got mail from Andrew at RevPerf regarding the DTC I'm getting on each start. Unfortunately the switch in the ECM was turned on to recognise that I have auto compression releases in the heads (which I do not have)-- this is why the code is thrown on each start.
The ECM looks for the comp releases and when it doesn't 'see" them it throws the code.The fix is that I need to send my ECm back to RevPerf so they can turn off the ACR's.

RevPerf have held their hand up for shipping both ways to aussie which will run them around USD $50-60, not to mention they paid for shipping to aussie on the initial send of the unit so all up they will have ~$75 invested in me in shipping without a blink.

They recognised their error and are a stand up company for sure. We agreed I'll send it back when I have a break in the riding season later this year. I just have to put up with then engine light on for a while-- no big deal to me.

The bike runs great with the 551 cams, the RevPerf tuner is doing its job and all is well.

Over and Out....