Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Sensor Connection 107...Where Is It?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 02:24 PM
hawgwildterry
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Air Sensor Connection 107...Where Is It?

Installing a oil temp gauge on 12' FLHTK. Instructions say to plug temp sensor harness into air temp sensor connector 107. Unable to locate the connector 107 and yes, I have gone through my service/shop manual. Shows 107 in the wiring schematic but doesn't say where the hell it is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by hawgwildterry; 10-29-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:32 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Follow the wiring from the air temp gauge or follow the wiring from the air temp sensor inside the fairing. Unplug the air temp sensor, plug in the oil temp sensor. Was plug and play on my Ultra.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:37 PM
hawgwildterry
Cruiser

Just found the damn air temp sensor on the left side of neck where the P-harness is connected. I bet I've spent an hour looking for it. What a dumbass.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:39 PM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think what they mean is to plug your wire from the oil temp gauge into the plug you take off of your air temp gauge.. All you are doing is picking up power for your light in the gauge. Thats the way it was for me on my 02 E Glide.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:52 PM
hawgwildterry
Cruiser

OK, here is a photo of the air temp sensor that is mounted on the left side of the neck where the wiring harness goes through the clamp. The sensor is located directly above the clamp in this photo. In the photo connector 107 is already disconnected.

Thanks for the help guys.

Attached Thumbnails Air Sensor Connection 107...Where Is It?-air-temp-sensor.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by hawgwildterry:
Lantern (05-27-2021), Maxer4 (07-04-2019)
Old 10-29-2011, 03:49 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by hawgwildterry
OK, here is a photo of the air temp sensor that is mounted on the left side of the neck where the wiring harness goes through the clamp. The sensor is located directly above the clamp in this photo. In the photo connector 107 is already disconnected.

It also explains why the Air Temp gauge always displays a temp higher than would be expected. Always a little warmer inside the fairing.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:09 PM
RVTRKN
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey thanks for the location of the air sensor, freaking manual states that plug 107 is grey.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:49 AM
Tookey
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the location of that damn thing, doing the same thing to my 12' sg

Old 04-12-2015, 08:10 PM
Wayno77
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hawgwildterry

Can u email me the air sensor picture u are referring to.
I cannot download
Wingob@roadrunner.com
Thx much

Old 09-27-2015, 12:31 PM
Diverrick
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have to bring this thread back to life, as I am doing my OT gauge install today. Have looked high and low for that damned plug. Left side of the bike only has on plug anywhere that I can see, and it is for the ABS. 2013 RG could it be in a different spot than earlier years? The provided wire harness is not long enough to reach the gauge, so I have to find that plug. Looked all around the triple tree and front of frame where the fork bearings are. Nothing. Also cannot see it anywhere inside of the fairing. The Air temp wire harness goes into a bigger wire harness, and short of cutting the harness open to trace the wires, No way to follow the wires to the sensor easily.

Quick Reply: Air Sensor Connection 107...Where Is It?