Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

arc mini amp

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 11:50 AM
smokinsedonastreetglide
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a speaker toggle switch and I'm in vancouver B. C. Makes it hardly worth sending it back. Might as well just buy another one. Unfortunatly now,I won't buy anything like this off of a forum.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:53 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you find out its bad and the seller wont give your money back, make sure you post the name up to save the next guy.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 236 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinsedonastreetglide
I don't have a speaker toggle switch and I'm in vancouver B. C. Makes it hardly worth sending it back. Might as well just buy another one. Unfortunatly now,I won't buy anything like this off of a forum.
Damn. That sucks all around.

Zach

Old 12-05-2011, 12:21 PM
smokinsedonastreetglide
Cruiser

I have spoken to the guy I bought it from,he says he tried it before he sold it to me and that it worked. I find it a bit hard to believe,being that one of the gain control pots appears to be broken.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:43 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I have spoken to the guy I bought it from,he says he tried it before he sold it to me and that it worked. I find it a bit hard to believe,being that one of the gain control pots appears to be broken.
If you paid by Paypal you may have recourse to get a refund. I would give that a try if you feel the seller knowingly sold you a defective item.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:21 PM
smokinsedonastreetglide
Cruiser

I didn't use paypal,as it turned out,we only lived about half hour away from eachother. So I went to his house and picked it up. He doesn't seem intersted in helping me out. He said for me to send it back to arc and have them look at it.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:24 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Again, a name would be nice to know

Old 12-06-2011, 02:40 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I didn't use paypal,as it turned out,we only lived about half hour away from eachother. So I went to his house and picked it up. He doesn't seem intersted in helping me out. He said for me to send it back to arc and have them look at it.
Great. The whole deal wreaks of impropriety, IMO. I wonder if it might still be in warranty, although I know that's wishful thinking. If it is not working you have little recourse except to send it to Arc for service.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:33 PM
smokinsedonastreetglide
Cruiser

i dont want to drag the guys name through the dirt because i dont think he is screwing me,we have been talking,he hasnt offered to give my money back but i havent asked either.i want the amp,it just needs to work. i have found a local electronics shop that fixes high end audio equipment so im gonna take it there.the seller has asked me to let him know what its going to cost and to keep him informed,so it sounds like he mmay be willing to work something out with me. so until we figure it out im notr going to post crap about him. i took a chance buying something used, i hope we can make a repaire and work something out. I think if he intensionaly new he was selling an amp that didnt work,he wouldnt have let me come to his house and pick it up in fear that when i found out id throw it through his front window!!!!!! il give him the benifit of the doubt and see what happens

Last edited by smokinsedonastreetglide; 12-06-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:22 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

i dont want to drag the guys name through the dirt because i dont think he is screwing me,we have been talking,he hasnt offered to give my money back but i havent asked either.i want the amp,it just needs to work. i have found a local electronics shop that fixes high end audio equipment so im gonna take it there.the seller has asked me to let him know what its going to cost and to keep him informed,so it sounds like he mmay be willing to work something out with me. so until we figure it out im notr going to post crap about him. i took a chance buying something used, i hope we can make a repaire and work something out. I think if he intensionaly new he was selling an amp that didnt work,he wouldnt have let me come to his house and pick it up in fear that when i found out id throw it through his front window!!!!!! il give him the benifit of the doubt and see what happens
Good idea. No matter the outcome, please post the outcome. If it turns bad please let us know who so no one else gets burned. When things like this goes bad it makes it hard for others to sell or buy things outside of new.

Quick Reply: arc mini amp