Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built the best engine cooling system...again

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 09:48 AM
KromeDome
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed Jason's fan on my 2016 ultra just because....I had one on my '03 EG Classic and liked the way it worked on that motor. Everything now is stock EXCEPT the addition of a FuelPak3 tuner. The tuner allows for monitoring the head temperatures. That being said, Jason's fan works very nicely independent from the water cooling temperature sensor. And even though Jason's fan will run constantly because of the fin sensor on-off setting, the water cooling sensor will cycle the water cooling fans on-off too at its preset temperature settings.

Last edited by KromeDome; 01-23-2017 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:19 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBeast
I've been digging most of the night and can't find anything on how effective Jason's fans are on the new wetheads. I know he's done extensive testing for the air cooled heads, but what about the wetheads? I know just from trying to look through these new heads the flow-through channel in the head is minimal compared to my old '11 air-cooled RGU. I'm sure they would help, but are they going to be as effective to me as all the air-cooled guys?

I rarely subject my bike to any congested traffic conditions when I ride ... I purposely avoid them like the plague, BUT I would like peace of mind when/if the situation arises. This all started when I somehow came across some vids of the hokey looking Love Jug fans. They might move a lot of air, but look like hell and I think the warranty is only a year for something that costs over $400 if you get the newest/smaller/better version. So what happens if they crap out after a year, buy another set? ... I don't think so! Plus, I read that a couple people that used them didn't have much good luck with them .... fell apart from vibration. Like I give a chit you can run them in a fish tank?? ... whatever. My bike sees water as much as it does traffic. To me most of the vids for those were all marketing hype anyway, didn't see any vids from "real" people that put them through the test of time.

I know Jason's fans have stood the test of time, look great, work great, work automatically and he is a stand-up guy that also stands behind his product. I may not be a long time member here, but I have been a long time lurker and I remember years ago when he came out with these fans ... he definitely did his homework. I'm sure there still is a use for them even with the wetheads, just curious if they are any less effective (if any less at all) compared to what he originally designed them for ... air-cooled heads.
Jason did a post called "What does the new “twin cooled” system actually do? Not a Rushmore thread". Maybe you will find what you want to know there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Old 02-12-2017, 09:45 AM
Robo07
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ditto on the LeNale fan.....I stole my 02 Ultra after a guy puts 25k into the engine and had overheating problems.....dude is loaded, but needed cash for taxes.....was selling it to dealer for 10k when I ran into him.....10.5 and I own it......lol......already had a LeNale on my 98 Heritage Springer......installed and zero problem since.....except for a hot right knee on occasion.....lol