Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated gear wireless controller mount ideas

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 07:27 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have the wireless controller,but do have the permenent controller from First Gear mounted in the switch console. The wires run under the tank and one wire come out from under the seat .

Old 12-26-2011, 07:39 AM
av ultra
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I velcroed it to the top of the front master cyl.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:12 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 602 Likes on 325 Posts

We came up with this design after you guy,s from the forum told us what you were looking for. Several different ways to attach to you tank and console..Should be able to hold all kinds of gadgets..Here is a link on our site for this gizmo..http://www.shop.captain-itch.com/The...Tank-Panel.htm

Old 01-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Londonbike
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really interested in that wireless controller. Does anyone know if they are the same jack connectors that Harley heated gear uses?

Old 01-03-2012, 09:30 AM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the controls installed on the left access panel, replacing the cheap plastic ***** with some chrome guitar *****. It's easily reached and adjusted while riding without removing my eyes from the road. Sits just under my left leg..

Attached Thumbnails Heated gear wireless controller mount ideas-imag0112.jpg  
Old 01-03-2012, 09:54 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b1rider
I clip my controller to a pocket on my chaps. I have easy access to the controller but the wires and all is still a pain. However, I will put up with all of this to be warm on a cold day. Sure extends the riding season for me. I ended up drilling a hole in the heat defector and panel mounting the connector. Only problem, the first location was too high and my leg was hitting it during the ride, good when stopped. So I put another hole in the shield down lower, works great while riding but is sort of in the way when stopped. I used a button plug over the first hole after seeing how expensive it was to just replace the shields...wow $75.00. Someday I will replace them so it will look neater but it will have to do for now.

As FYI, you can buy a single shield. Just get the part number off an Ultra for the side you drilled the hole in. They are about 30 bucks each, so if you only need one you are only out 30.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:07 AM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
I had the controls installed on the left access panel, replacing the cheap plastic ***** with some chrome guitar *****. It's easily reached and adjusted while riding without removing my eyes from the road. Sits just under my left leg..
I like that. I may have to steal your idea...

Old 01-03-2012, 10:11 AM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JCleary
I like that. I may have to steal your idea...
Hint: sit on the bike while having it held upright. Then reach down like you were riding it with one hand on throttle for proper switch placment. I never have to fumble around to find it. It's always exactly where I reach, very natural placement for me.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:49 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Londonbike
I'm really interested in that wireless controller. Does anyone know if they are the same jack connectors that Harley heated gear uses?
YES....the gear is compatible between warmnsafe and gerbing. Although I can't ride right now because of a knee injury I limped on down to the garage and tested it when I received the wireless controller...it worked perfectly. The controller uses 2 'aaa' batteries.

I'm considering just putting a velcro strip on the top of the 'dash' above the radio so the switches are directly in front. I don't think it would damage the finish if i had to peel it off (carefully using a blow dryer to heat it up). Either that or as suggested earlier I may velcro it to the front master cylinder.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:09 PM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Itch
We came up with this design after you guy,s from the forum told us what you were looking for. Several different ways to attach to you tank and console..Should be able to hold all kinds of gadgets..Here is a link on our site for this gizmo..http://www.shop.captain-itch.com/The...Tank-Panel.htm

Very nice. I just don't know whether to get the one that mounts to the console screw or the magnetic one. Will have to look at the bike when I get home this evening.

Quick Reply: Heated gear wireless controller mount ideas