Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer discounts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 04:46 PM
warren888
Account Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dealer discounts?

I am negotiating with the local dealer.

Trading in on a 2012 Street Glide

I have a good feel as to what my trade-in is worth.

Wanted to know what a decent discounted price is on a touring bike - list price is around $24.5 out the door. What do you think the range is?

Appreciate any feedback - haven't bought new in 6 years - but with this economy, hope they are a bit more flexible.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:58 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Good luck, but I got my 2012 SG a lot cheaper than that here in Florida. I know CA is different....

Old 12-31-2011, 09:29 PM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

How many dealers in Orange county? I'd start playing one against the other. That's the only way you'll know what the real market value in your area is.

edit:
Looks like from your other thread you already bought one. Congrats. Doesn't matter what other dealers would do now.

Last edited by ocezam; 12-31-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:38 PM
chefie
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this question is a little hard to answer without knowing what options you are getting on the bike, (color, abs/security, wheel, cruise control) if you get this bike with all the options its a pretty good deal, considering California emission is $200. If you buying the basic model not a good deal in my opinion.

Last edited by chefie; 12-31-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:05 PM
kyleplusitunes
Road Master

19,000 out the door including tax title registration on my 2012 glide

Old 12-31-2011, 10:10 PM
steveg56
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by kyleplusitunes
19,000 out the door including tax title registration on my 2012 glide
How do we have a $5,500 difference in price just because we are in Cali? I think I got mine for about $23K OTD, but thats with me buying 4-5 bikes in a 2 year period from same dealer so I got a discounted price... Not fair IMO

Old 12-31-2011, 10:47 PM
Macker
Tourer

Originally Posted by steveg56
How do we have a $5,500 difference in price just because we are in Cali? I think I got mine for about $23K OTD, but thats with me buying 4-5 bikes in a 2 year period from same dealer so I got a discounted price... Not fair IMO
Why the shock, you do realize most of the country has a much lower cost of living than Cali, right? Compare the cost of a house in San Fran to Flint.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:57 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

I don't think you can fairly compare OTD prices without knowing all the details. A Vivid Black bike with no cruise, ABS or security can more than likely be had for $19k OTD depending on Tax rate and fees negotiated in or out of the total. I also have to wonder sometimes when I see these "reported" low OTD prices if the poster is also including what was taken off for a trade-in or cash down payment. I'm not saying great deals can't be had, but without ALL the facts a "reported" OTD price really can't be used to compare how well one fared in their own purchase. The main thing in any purchase is to feel you got the best deal you could at the time. I've found that no matter how good of a deal I've gotten on something, there is ALWAYS someone who did better than me.

Now I'll step off my soap box :-)

Happy New Years everyone!

Old 12-31-2011, 11:56 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by The Q
I don't think you can fairly compare OTD prices without knowing all the details. A Vivid Black bike with no cruise, ABS or security can more than likely be had for $19k OTD depending on Tax rate and fees negotiated in or out of the total. I also have to wonder sometimes when I see these "reported" low OTD prices if the poster is also including what was taken off for a trade-in or cash down payment. I'm not saying great deals can't be had, but without ALL the facts a "reported" OTD price really can't be used to compare how well one fared in their own purchase. The main thing in any purchase is to feel you got the best deal you could at the time. I've found that no matter how good of a deal I've gotten on something, there is ALWAYS someone who did better than me.

Now I'll step off my soap box :-)

Happy New Years everyone!
Let me first say I promised the sales manager I wouldn't post the price. He's on the forum. Anyways, I got my 2012 Demin Black Street Glide with ABS, Security, and Cruise, 7.5 % sales tax, tag and title for just a little more than what you posted....OTD.. I got an awesome deal. A great dealer. That did not include extended warranty. That price was before I put any money down.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:49 AM
scottycameron
Cruiser

I paid the 18,999 + 79 doc fee so it was 19,078 for my 11 FLRTX and i didn't pay for the cruise control or the ABS.

Quick Reply: Dealer discounts?