Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Fairing

Old 01-29-2012, 02:07 AM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Question New Fairing

Been in the market for a decent removable fairing. I've been leaning toward Reckless fairings because I like the look of them. I just found another fairing but I have never heard of them before. I like the look of these too and price ain't too bad either. Anyone heard of these guys or had any dealing with them? The name is Wide Open Custom Plastic.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have never heard of "Reckless" fairings. I did a quick search and looked around the website.

I did not find a single reference to the fairing being lockable on to the bike.

If it does I sure didn't find it.

Years ago I shopped around and a locking fairing was a prime attribute for my search.

I chose Dead Center Cycles fairing just for that reason. They not only LOCK, you can unlock it and remove it in seconds. Excellent "Customer Service". In other words they tell you something that they can produce. And a very HIGH quality product.

Very happy with mine.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:55 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ram
Have never heard of "Reckless" fairings. I did a quick search and looked around the website.

I did not find a single reference to the fairing being lockable on to the bike.

If it does I sure didn't find it.

Years ago I shopped around and a locking fairing was a prime attribute for my search.

I chose Dead Center Cycles fairing just for that reason. They not only LOCK, you can unlock it and remove it in seconds. Excellent "Customer Service". In other words they tell you something that they can produce. And a very HIGH quality product.

Very happy with mine.
Gonna ask the same question I asked in a similar thread half hour ago. What about installing the dampers that all firing equipped touring models have in the fork? Don't even know if they can be retrofit. I assume it is there due to the weight of the fairing as opposed to a ws. Just asking.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:36 PM
HalfFast
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Reckless and can tell you first hand that they build an awesome fairing. I have been riding with it for a little more than a year and like everything about it. It is lightweight yet tough and rigid. I have saw other after market fairings that flex in the wind while you are riding. This one does not flex at any speed and I have ridden at some very high speeds with it. They also offer a several nice stereos built in or you can buy them bare if you wish to install your own stereo and speakers. When I purchased mine, they offered your choice of two windshields, chrome windshield trim, a 12v power point, and the stereo and speakers of your choice for one money. I had them paint mine as well and they did an great job on the paint.
It is easy to install and easy to remove but it requires tools to do both. As far as locking goes, it does not lock onto the bike but it is bolted on and you can purchase lock nuts for it if you are worried that someone might steal it.
No complaints here.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:46 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My wife has a Reckless fairing on her bike. My personal opinion is for the price you can't beat it, it's not the best in the world, (I have seen some that cost a whole lot more that are built a little better). The fairing works well, serves it's purpose and after comparing if I were to buy another one today, I'd do it again.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:11 PM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Reckless fairing with the 6X9 speakers and I love it.

Very high quality piece for the money.

It is very solid and finish is great. I would purchase one again in a heartbeat.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:23 PM
tdd77
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004Sierra
I have a Reckless fairing with the 6X9 speakers and I love it.

Very high quality piece for the money.

It is very solid and finish is great. I would purchase one again in a heartbeat.
What are the reckless fairing's selling for are they made in the usa?
I have heard good thing's about woody's fairing's and they are about half the price of the big brand name's.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:44 AM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tdd77
What are the reckless fairing's selling for are they made in the usa?
I have heard good thing's about woody's fairing's and they are about half the price of the big brand name's.

Their website is www.recklessmotorcycles.com. Look them up, lots of info on the website.

They run about $750.00 complete, and are finished in black gelcoat. They offer painting as an option.

Reckless fairings are made in Maryville, Tn.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the replies, helped me to make up my mind. Looks like I'm going with the Reckless fairing. For $750 loaded, it's hard to beat.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:31 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,508 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Reckless here. Std black gelcoat. Looks good, works well in the rain, radio is just fine and I have not ried the cd. I have it for the traffic and weather reports. I use it seasonally,just October to March then go windshield again. It bolts on with an allen wrench. I'd buy another. Not the finest finish, but a few minutes with a buffer or wax and it looks great. I am just adding double pinstripes and wil post a photo after that is done. Alex is always available or will call you back. He is eager for your business and will answer our questions directly. Is it the best, probably not. Is it the best choic for my '10 RK, you bet it is.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Fairing