Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild1 Chubbys bars - CRACKED !!!! Wtf !

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 02:45 AM
VooDoo13
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Needles to say I had the drag bars on a bike and the so called smooth ground chrome weds were garbage. It even started rusting about a month after I got them in the weld at the T. I will not be going back this route again. From now on its RSD or Monkey bars. I love my RSD Convoys!!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2012, 04:39 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like you have the double clamps instead of the single large one. This is a common problem if you use the double. I doubt Chubby will warranty that even if you did have a receipt.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:52 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,368 Likes on 2,620 Posts

Originally Posted by stetler
It would be nice to get a new set and sell them to a member on here for half price. At least I could try and recoop some of my loss.
I dont understand - you're looking for an idiot who would buy a set of cracked bars?

Old 03-13-2012, 05:56 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 505 Likes on 248 Posts

I'm on my second set of Wild One 577s on two bikes. No problems here. I would be curious about the install being done properly. Another issue to eliminate with apes is to use the poly bushings, the stock ones are too soft. As the engineer stated, that looks like movement issues are involved. I'm also concerned that you would sell a set of cracked bars to another rider knowing the safety issue there.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:27 AM
chainsaw123
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

follow the bouncing ball...........he is talking about selling the new replacement bars at half price, not the cracked ones................

Old 03-13-2012, 06:51 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,368 Likes on 2,620 Posts

Originally Posted by chainsaw123
follow the bouncing ball...........he is talking about selling the new replacement bars at half price, not the cracked ones................
oops.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:08 AM
SmittyFXDL
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I think it would have been better if you contacted them FIRST before bashing them on the forum. Give them a chance to make it right then let the forum know.
At first glance a visitor might think their bars are not quality work, when in fact it could turn out to be an installation problem and not a manufacturing one. Just sayin.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a bad experience with Carlini.....my $200 risers kept cracking. After 2 trys, I had to go with different risers. I think (hope) sometimes there is just a bad batch.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:03 AM
stetler
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly, I would be selling the NEW bars. NOT the old ones. If They replaced them they would take the old ones from me. I already have a set of PY bagger bars on my bike. Don't think I would want to pay for labor all over to swap bars out.

No Bashing on Wild1 . No where did I say these are junk or the company is horrible on customer service. I just showed everybody what happened to my bars from simple use and that the company offers to back up there product if your the original owner.

If you guys look close at the pics you WILL see the scratches or pressure marks from the single 1 piece clamp on the bar. There was NOT the stock 07 pre 2 piece clamps.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:55 AM
omgtkk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't get it. This is the second post I've read this morning about someone who bought something used, had a problem with it, and is blaming the manufacturer for not backing it up. Since this bike was bought used, you have no idea how the bars were installed or how they were used/abused. Wild1 also has a significant problem with people on Ebay selling counterfeit products. It says so right on their website. So I don't understand how you feel slighted by the company. You didn't buy the product from them. You don't know if it was installed properly. You have no idea how old the bars are.
The other poster bought a used fuel filler door from a forum member that said outright it didn't fit on his bike and is bashing PM that they won't give him a new one cause the door won't fit his bike.
Stetler, I feel for you that you have to shell out some heavy cash for new bars. Kinda sucks. But I can't fault Wild1 in this case. Their policy is clearly stated.

Quick Reply: Wild1 Chubbys bars - CRACKED !!!! Wtf !