Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pandora Radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 10:20 AM
jjpish
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pandora Radio

IS anyone using Pandora Radio through their phone as their source for music on their bike?

I have an XM onyx now and the unit is so sloppy with the cradle and antenna and wires etc... I tried the Pandora just in the parking lot at work and it was coming through nice, but how is it while riding? Does it cut out or is it a nice music stream? I am thinking between Pandora and my Ipod I can ditch the XM.

Feedback Please

Thanks
Joe

Old 03-20-2012, 10:26 AM
stevevfd
Tourer

It's going to depend on your area. Around the DC area it seems to work pretty well, but if you live in the sticks and have spotty cell phone service, it's going to choppy. But it's free so it's a trade-off

Old 03-20-2012, 10:30 AM
jjpish
Road Captain

Thanks, I live on the Eastern Shore cell phone coverage is decent in most areas but not all...I'll have to give it a try on the way home today and see what happens. Pandora, Ipod and CDs I think that combo should give me enough options... Just hate playing DJ

Old 03-20-2012, 10:33 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do, and I have little to no issues with it until I hit the middle of the state where the cell coverage gets spotty

and I run a flexible car charge to my phone also while it's playing so I don't kill my cell phone when on rides. (just an FYI)

Old 03-20-2012, 10:36 AM
stevevfd
Tourer

Yeah I bought the finger ram mount. It snaps on and off in 5 seconds, and I don't see a possible way my phone can fall out. That an a usb cigarette lighter charger I picked up at walmart. On a trip with my phone mounted, I have all my music options plus GPS and the phone stays charged.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:38 AM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 204 Posts

I use Pandora all of the time with my iPhone. The Alpine stereo I am using has a pandora app for the iPhone. As long as you have cell service and data plan you are good. I had XM since '03 and canceled it because I use only Pandora now. This is the radio I use. I run the iPhone cable under the tank and seat and into the left bag.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ida-x305s/

Last edited by CGLTD; 03-20-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:38 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I run Pandora,Sirius and my ITunes stuff thru my IPhone to the Radio. In my area it works very well , once in a while I drop the connection but not often.

HD and Iron Aces make an interface kit to connect the IPHone or Ipod to the bike using the factory handlebar switches to control it. But they are 270 to 399 for the set up and if you dont do your own work there is labor involved too.

I had been using a audio cable from the headphone to the aux on my phone and a charger from the cig liter tothe phone. But this week found a cable on EBay that connects to the cradle port (bottom) of the phone and splits to the lighter for charging and a second cable to the aux on the radio so it charges and has audio out from the bottom port. The sound and volume are better than connecting to the headphone pack. There are cheaper ones on ebay but they are shipped from china so I went with this cable

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Car-AU...item336f1032c8

Old 03-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

So how much data does streaming radio burn on your plan?

I'm just too cheap to run it all the time, but I am ignorant on the usage.

Anyone have an idea?

Old 03-20-2012, 10:41 AM
boom23
Tourer

Keep an eye on your cell phone data plan when you use Pandora a lot...

Old 03-20-2012, 10:45 AM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Pabdora uses a lot of data. I use it but have an unlimited data plan so no worries for me
and I don't use it on the bike as I purchase the harley xm unit that plays threw my radio and love it

Quick Reply: Pandora Radio