Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

non-resident permit

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 10:03 PM
stepp
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default non-resident permit

I bought a street glide this winter in Florida, had it shipped to Arizona, and I want to fly to Arizona and ride it home. Does anyone know if the 90 non-resident permit is good for riding through all states or just Arizona? Their website isn't very specific.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:00 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What are you talking about?

90 day permit for what?

Is this what you said.....You were in Florida, bought a bike there and shipped it to Arizona, now you have to fly from Florida to Arizona to fetch it back to Florida.

Why did you have it shipped anywhere but to your home to begin with. You sound like my wife, you must have left something out of the story.

Every time you buy a bike do you ship it out of state then have to go get it, or is this the first time? I don't know what dealership you bought that bike from, but they told you wrong, I'd avoid that place from now on.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:33 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I would think that a registration is a registration. as long as you are still within the 90 days it should not be a problem. I bought a bike in Texas one time and rode it to North Carolina with no tag at all, I just had the title and receipt. Only problem I had was in Mississippi and he just checked to see that I had all the paperwork from the sale with me and then chatted with me about the bike for a while. He said he would not even have stopped me but I had passed some busy body on the road and they dropped a dime on me and called the Highway Patrol.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:36 AM
ks6c
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I had to google it just out of curiosity, and this is what I found:

"90-Day Nonresident Permit - issued when a nonresident owner purchased an unregistered vehicle in Arizona for the removal of the vehicle to his/her state of residency. "

That reads pretty clear to me - you can ride it to your home state with the permit. However, the first part seems pretty clear, too - IF you purchased it in Arizona. It'll be interesting to hear how they treat a Florida purchase shipped to AZ by a non-resident.

Where's home, anyway?